Lopatofsky 23H   volume of  424,589.49   in only 8 days of production!

Views: 5344

Replies to This Discussion

That's 53 million a day.Shell is getting really good at these.

Remember that data entry errors are quite common. There's been no press release by Shell detailing these results, so it's very possible that the figure given isn't accurate. If the Lopatofsky well really did produce that much gas in 8 days, it would be the best gas well ever drilled in the northeast. But I'm not ready to assume that's true without some confirmation.

As I suspected - there was an error in the DEP records. The well actually produced for 25 days in June, not 8 days. So the daily average production was less then 1/3rd what it appeared to be. Still a nice well but an expensive one, particularly given current natural gas prices.

Charleston

Off of Charleston Rd on the way into town, near the Living Word Fellowship Church - across from the Llama's. Jack you are sure it was 25 days?

It is Charleston Twp..

Absolutely. It's a nice well, and certainly in the same range as the Cruttenden, Neal and Watkins wells. But there's never been a well in the Utica that made that much gas in just 8 days. I've found errors in the DEP data before - the producers enter it remotely and the DEP doesn't check or confirm the numbers, they just make them public on a certain date. Luckily I was able to confirm the production with Shell directly this time.

Thank you!

It's northeast of Wellsboro a couple miles.

My understanding is this is a very long well . maybe the longest in PA ?   If the unit is more than 640 acres, that could be some of the reason for the high gas out put .  

Good thought Wayne.  A 2-mile horizontal is not unheard of these days.

This well increase's the size of the Utica sweet spot for Tioga county. Great news for Tioga county land owners and Shell. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service