Lopatofsky 23H   volume of  424,589.49   in only 8 days of production!

Views: 5344

Replies to This Discussion

I believe this is a longer well - or at least compared to the Marcellus wells at that site. I might have a copy of this permit and will look this weekend - does anyone know in general what the lengths are of SWEPI's other Utica wells?

The Lopatofsky lateral is about 7,800' long - it's the longest lateral Shell has completed in Tioga County.

Mr Jack Long you may be correct with your above statement regarding the Utica Play...........

However the longest lateral Shell has drilled in the Marcellus play to date to the best of my knowledge is on the Sharret Well Pad with a length of 8,800' in length.............

We're comparing Utica production rates and this thread is about the Utica. So I'm not sure anything else is strictly relevant.

Jack - Thanks again!

I might be wrong but one of the better Marcellus units in Charleston twp is East (at least a couple of miles) of Lopatofsky and drilled years ago - the Wilson site. Here is why I mention this - its a smaller unit with shorter laterals and the numbers are a lot higher than other wells in the twp.. So I have wondered about the unit sizes and length of laterals regarding SWEPI's other Utica sites in TC - that seems pretty important as far as understanding what the numbers represent. I saw some numbers for production years ago for some Cabot wells in Susquehanna County and someone told me that the numbers were quite good but that they were also very long laterals. 

Are the Utca wells in Toga county producing wet or dry gas?

All dry - no liquids.

Jack,

Thank you for the response. Do you think the wells they will be drilling in Potter county (Sweden township) will be dry gas as well? Or will they be far enough west to be wet? Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,
Dave

As Seneca and Shell got dry gas in McKean and Elk Counties, it's very unlikely that JKLM will get wet gas in Potter County. Liquids prices are down substantially anyway - what's needed to generate profits is a large open flow. Dry gas will be just fine if they get the volume!

Nice news Jack!  Wet would be wonderful if OPEC didn't exist, but it does.  That makes our "dry" just what's needed ... aka more profitable in troubled times.  Great for all those who've waited (patiently or not) to lease.  For others who are already leased @ least they know their OGMS are worth more than they thought. With the continued pipeline growth across area counties  product WILL get to market.  Slow and steady will outdo the "gold rush" mentality seen in the early days.

Actually OPEC's actions generally raise prices, so if it didn't exist (and their industry was open to foreign investment) oil prices would be much lower even now. But any impact they have on natural gas prices is fairly minor and tied to their indirect influence on fuel switching patterns, associated gas production and the domestic liquids market. Wet gas doesn't compete directly with OPEC's oil, and dry gas isn't necessarily more profitable "in troubled times".

I'm also confused by the suggestion that those who haven't leased yet are somehow doing better than those who have leased, since bonus payments and royalties have fallen in recent times. Nobody will make the money now that folks made during the "gold rush", and it's not sensible to pretend that they will. Those days are gone.

If JKLM gets exceptional gas flows in Potter County they will make money and so will their royalty holders. But that's easier said than done.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service