They are a law firm out of Columbus Ohio that represent royalty owners and say they can recover underpayments from the O&G Companies (for a percentage).

Views: 336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a link to his website>  Personally I always question why an attorney suspects there have been underpayments, I would think you are more aware of any shortages than the attorney.

Good Luck

Thanks for the response WV Mineral Owner. I don't think they suspect underpayments for any specific unit/royalty owner. They are making a business out of auditing and taking a percentage of any underpayments they recover. Given the arbitration clauses in many leases, this may not be a bad approach for a royalty owner.

Many of the companies play games with deductions and adjustments. We regularly see CHK making adjustments going back 2-3 YEARS on our monthly checks. Invariably those adjustments seem to be deductions not in the royalty owners favor.

Anyways, this firm had an informational meeting last night in Carrollton, OH - I wasn't able to make it.

Local Groups

Blog Posts

The Sustainability Bugaboo and the Price of Green Political Correctness

Posted by Thomas J Shepstone on March 13, 2018 at 2:43pm 0 Comments

Steven Pinker looks at sustainability and what it cannot be allowed to mean if we value progress. It’s not the green political correctness pushed on us.

Add Steven Pinker to the list of rational thinkers who…

March 2018

© 2018   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service