Shell is making the rounds in Cherry Twp and northern Butler County. I have seen there lease and to me it looks like they are offering $1,500  and 15%. The lease was  boilerplate!  Does anyone have any more details? I know they have an office in Butler now.  Is there any other Drillers that have been active as of late in this area?

Views: 8401

Replies to This Discussion

I would be careful of only looking at the dollar amount for royalty and bonus payments.  Although those are very important factors to consider when deciding whether to lease, there are other factors you must take into consideration.  Remember the lease is written to protect the oil company, not the landowner or mineral rights owner.  Also, there are a number of clauses and provisions that should and must be included in addendums that will protect your current and future interests. 

I am dealing with a land group now of over 130 who wished they would have looked at more than the numbers when they signed their leases. 

I was talking to someone that signed a lease elsewhere the other day and they were telling me that you have to watch what the royalties are for. Apparently the lease may say that you get commission on methane, but the well is also outputting butane, propane, etc... which the gas company can sell and not pay you for. Has anyone heard of this?
I have seen many lease's that only pay on oil or gas. How the landowner is paid is up to the drilling company's policy. My lease we have "on oil and gas, along with all hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon substances produced in association" ..." realized by lessee for that produced and marketed off the leased premises"  covering the royalty payment.    The only way I won't be paid is if there is not a market for what comes out of the well.    You just have to read the lease and understand what is covered, or have your attorney explain it to you.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to keep that in mind in the future. It would be interesting to see a list of what all actually can come out of the well. I'll have to look at the next lease that comes and see what it says. Yeah, definitely on the attorney. If the lease was bad for the gas companies, they wouldn't want us to sign it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service