we signed with wishgard for 1840 per acre with 15.5 royalty and in the lease it states they must pay us the signing bonus in 90 business days.  90 business days was up on Nov. 7th and we did not recieve any payment or letter stating we do not own mineral rights.  I have heard of bigger and better signing bonuses and would like out of this lease contract since they did not pay us in the 90 days.  What steps should i take?  What companies are actually paying their agreement.  I know wishgard has paid some people their 1840 per acre in belmont county.  has anybody recieved a larger amount.  i may just wait it out because its hard to tell if i sign another lease if they would pay or not.  anyone have any good ideas? 

Views: 4141

Replies to This Discussion

i sent a certified letter to tri star requesting a release of lease. The post office showed that the letter arrived but Tri Star never signed for it and the letter is sitting at the post office. shows you what kind of company tri star is. So i called an attorney today. The attorney said that since i was released from wishgard any assigned lease is void. The attorney said since the lease was never sent to gulfport there wasnt much he could do because Tri Star wont respond to them, but also that I should be clear to sign with another company. He didnt sound 100 percent confident but close to it. Even if i get nothing at least I stopped Wishgard from robbing me. Im now going to look into another company. Any good offers out there? Chesapeake was at 5500 at 20 percent 2 months ago but they havnt contacted me since

no i havnt seen it in writing, when i talked to a landman it was around 5000, I had only heard that it was now 5500 from a guy who hasnt signed yet.  could very well be a rumor.

They did give $5800/20% on a bunch of cherry pick leases in December through ALOV. Belmont is one of the 6 or 7 counties included in that deal. Initially we were told we could get in on that deal in a 2nd signing but then the stonewalling began and the second signing evaporated.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service