SPECIAL REPORT-Chesapeake and rival plotted to suppress land prices
* Chesapeake, Encana discussed how to avoid bid fight in Michigan-state land auction, documents show
* Rivals discussed dividing up bids for oil and gas acreage held by private Michigan owners
* CEOs of Chesapeake, EnCana were involved in land discussions, emails show
* Chesapeake CEO McClendon told deputy companies should “smoke a peace pipe”: email
* Chesapeake executive said goal of talks was “to avoid us bidding each other up”: email
* Encana says it has opened investigation into Reuters findings on Michigan talks
* Encana, Chesapeake say they discussed joint venture in 2010 but didn’t proceed
Pdf version here: link.reuters.com/wab98s
By Brian Grow, Joshua Schneyer and Janet Roberts
GAYLORD, MICHIGAN, June 25 (Reuters) - Under the direction of CEO Aubrey McClendon, Chesapeake Energy Corp. plotted with its top competitor to suppress land prices in one of America’s most promising oil and gas plays, a Reuters investigation has found.
This was originally posted by that natural gas lovin James Northrup. However, his predetermined bent should not get in the way of legitimate newsworthy stories. So, I removed his inflammatory edits and have posted this to be discussed.
I'll second that!
Correct me if I am wrong on this but wasn't there accusations made the CHK had ran under the radar a shell company that was acquiring leases dirt cheap only to be flipped to CHK as well? Yep here it is https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cNpmLJDciQq2Zg_33cXDWw9CwPFV-yT...
So it rather comes down to is what is the real value of the property in leasing when knowing games are beig played?
Glad I listned to my head my heart and finally my Lawyer.
Who by the way........did not charge me a percentage of my bonus.
Good thing since you got a lower bonus and a lower royalty with deductions....
What I got was a document that is based on fact not fantasy and works for both sides and protects my land and my family.
What I won't have is a Chinese well tender on my property.
This is a violation of US antitrust laws.....Aubrey is a scumbag on many different levels.