Does anyone have a Idea.Just got my first check they took almost 50%.

Views: 10457

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can choose to trust whomever you wish.  I suspect nobody in the gas business has ever suggested or requested that you trust them.  If they did, you better cover your wallet, fast!

You have more in common with other landowners and they share your perspective so I would counsel you to communicate with them, but keep in mind that you will rarely get insights into how the oil and gas business truly operates from your landowner friends.  They might relate experiences or provide you with cautionary tales, but they lack insights into how our business operates.  I do my best to provide you with accurate and useful information... what you choose to do with that information is your business.

Have a great weekend

why can't we get get some real money figures from people with producing wells? i don't think the information should be that tightly held. their is more leaks out of the white house, than people reciveing royalitys on producing wells.

this site is for information, but seems all we get is guessing and spectulation. lets see some real checks and numbers.

I don't believe there are that many as of yet.  There are a good number of gas wells but with cut backs on production, shut ins going , on amounts would be erroneous. The wet gas and oil lacks the infrastructure to be going full bore into production as well. That is why I think your not seeing any numbers being displayed so to speak. 

YES BILLY I BELEVE THAT IS TRUE, BUT I WOULD HOPE THAT WOULD CHANGE AS PRODUCTION PICKS UP.

READING SOME OF THE POSTS, ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING SHORT CHANGED ON THEIR ROYALITYS IS KIND OF SCARY. DIDN'T THINK TO MUCH ABOUT IT AT FIRST, AS IT SEEMS THE LANDMEN AND ATTRYS., ARE BLAMEING THEM FOR SIGHING BAD LEASES. AFTER READING SOME POSTS ON HAYNESVILLE SHALE, IT SEEMS WIDE SPREAD-G/O COMPANYS TAKEING ADVANTAGE OF THE LAND OWNERS. CHK WITH THEIR ARMY OF ATTYS. SEEM TO BE THE WORST AT IT. I DON'T THINK LEASE TERMS CAN HELP MUCH. IT SEEMS THEY ARE DEFINING THE TERMS TO SUIT THEIR NEEDS LIKE , BILL CLINTON, DEFINING WHAT  [ IT AND IS]  MEANS .

Donald

Your's is a very enlightened post.  And you are correct, the terms of any lease mean nothing more than the Lessor is willing to defend, and can afford to defend, in courts.  I say "courts" and not "court" advisedly, because a gas company behemoth like Chesapeake can be relied upon to appeal any adverse ruling higher and higher into the court system stratosphere . . . . all the while knowing that average landowners like ourselves virtually never are able to afford the attendant, ever increasing, litigation costs.

Finally, be aware that lawyers in general will have a differing opinion on my take here.  It's because lawyers see the sky high legal fees we might incur as a good thing.  After all, it's how they make their livings!!

I have been receiving royalty checks for almost a year now.  Each check has varied greatly due to pipeline constraints, problems with wells, etc.  I own 23 acres with royalties from 8 wells.  The checks have varied from $4800 to $12000 per month. 

Those numbers might not help much but I never know what to expect from month to month.   One check was close to $11000, the next one was just over $6000.  And, I have a no deductions clause - the money I paid an attorney to review the lease and add clauses was well worth it - in my first check he saved me hundreds of dollars (if not more.)  The attorney fee was VERY reasonable.  I view my royalty check each month and at least know that I don't have to worry about deductions.   

I think you don't see any real money figures because once the wells are producing, people tend to quit looking at this site or don't view it as often.  I was on here every day, now I just check the site every few weeks for anything new and interesting. 

Carol, thanks for being willing to share that information.

Can you share the State/county you are from?

PA, Westmoreland County

WPX Energy (formerly Williams)

CAROL

THIS MAY SOUND STUPID BUT YOU HAVE 23 ACRES   AND HAVE 8 WELLS ? 

I am in a 630 acre unit. 

If I had 23 acres and wasn't in a large unit, I would be a multi-millionaire by now.

CAROL THANKS FOR THE ANSWER

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service