HI,

Can one calculate the emissions caused directly by the industry of interest? Can you look at how much of the impact is from power generated, transportation, etc, and tried to get a 'feel' for it, or is there a more robust way to approach this? You posted on the forumand said: So the answer to this question is that to find the direct GWP emissions, you would multiply the "Direct %" column by the "GWP column" for each row. So the answer to this question is that to find the direct GWP emissions, you would multiply the "Direct %" column by the "GWP column" for each row. You'll find that it is much more than 2500 mt." 
In fact, however, when I calculate it this way, the numbers are ~ 2500 (ie not much larger). Did I misunderstood your answer? 
2. If we wanted to estimate emissions per dollar of final output for a particular industry, should we simply divide the emissions by the "total economic" column? Or should we use a ratio of this with the total of all sectors as a multiplier? In the car example in your book, we know how much it costs to produce a Taurus, and how much it costs to buy a Taurus...but what if we just know the 'buying' cost and want to estimate emissions/dollar for that?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:-

http://www.eiolca.net/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=217

Creative digital advertising studio

Thanks

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a bot poster of some kind, or a really stoned tree hugger

RSS

© 2018   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service