We were approached by a land man from Travis Peake   discussing some of the properties in the area.

Bill L.

Views: 549

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Has anyone had any dealings with Travis Peake?  And what was your "Take" as you spoke to them?  Did they seem sincere or try to confuse by a lot of gibberish? 

The very first Landman who approached us came in 2008. Before that time my wife and I was totally ignorant about the Marcellus shale deposit. George, that landman, was very cordial and friendly. He spent several hours explaining the Marcellus and fracking. But his outfit were only offering $300. As we all know now a great deal of wheeling and dealing has and still is going on. But now the Utica shale deposit and Black river is beginning to show up in discussions.

Lu Ann and I have even had letters wanting to lease or buy our mineral rights ever few days.

Travis Peake has drilled one well a few hundred yards away from us and the rumor is they want to drill two more on that same farm. Another drilling site is west of us on the Aplanalp property. This site is now well under way with leveling and cutting trees, building access road.

Travis Peak was formed in November 2013, and first showed up in Potter and Tioga Counties in 2014. They are no longer leasing except inside the unit boundaries of the two Utica test wells they appear committed to drilling this year. If they get good results with the test wells, their acreage will probably be sold to a larger operator who can afford to wait for higher natural gas prices, as they don't appear to have the funding to develop it themselves.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service