Hello - My siblings and I just got in the mail a request to sign off on a Paid Up Oil and Gas Lease which I know very little to nothing about.  We don't live in West VIrginia; this came thru our (deceased) grandmother's sisters, and I just want to know if it's a good thing to do to sign it, or not.  Was hoping to get someone with some familiarity as to what the going offers are.  Any information from this area would be helpful.  Thank you in advance! 

Views: 9314

Replies to This Discussion

In West Virginia, the counties collect property taxes on mineral rights as well as surface rights and fee (both). If the taxes are not paid within a certain amount of time the property (surface, oil and gas, etc) can be put up for auction by the local sheriff. If you have not been getting tax bills, you should check with the Tyler County assessor's office to find out what the situation is. Or the Sheriff's tax office.
Nancy, you have it correct, land (surface) and mineral rights are taxed separtely when mineral rights have been reserved (excluded) from the sale of land (surface rights). LuAnne, for your information, Petroedge is a ligit company.

DO YOU KNOW IF ANY ACTIVITY WILL BE DONE IN SISTERSVILLE WVA OFF OF HICKMAN RUN RD

Julie,

Contact me about lease rates in Tyler County.

Hal Whitlatch

wa1@starband.net 

My relatives had a $2,000 an acre offer and they are suppose to meet next week.I dont  think they should sign yet

educational meetings and landowners group is forming right in Tyler county.  The next meeting date is Feb 25th 1pm. Tyler county fairgrounds.  I believe they are working with 4 other counties,Wetzel,Pleasants,Ritchie, Doddridge or as they call it the 5 Star Landowners Group.

I will try to get u a contact number.  If anyone else knows about the meetings please post that info.

Julie,

We are having an informational meeting and lease sign up at the fire station in Sistersville on the 11th. If you cannot make it i would be glad to email you a lease for your reveiw.

just email me at  wa1@starband.net

Thanks,

Hal Whitlatch

could you email me a lease My mom and aunt are meeting with someone on fri.I stress to them not to sign yet until we found out more.I got lied to ,misled ect at the beginning of all this by Kenyon  75 an acre.The lawyer group in our area settle for 2450 an acre and now they are paying 5800. so dont want them to get cheated like me or react to quickly

Carol just email me at  wa1@starband.net  and I will send you a lease.

do you know if any activity is going to be done up hickman run rd yet.

did you get my email

Carol I have not received it yet.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service