I have acres in the Hadley 8H.  My question is, does anyone receive checks from other than SWN at this time? My royalty income was over-reported to WVA by some 20% for2014. This resulted in a sizable hike in Tyler Co. taxes, which are based on what was reported  to the state.  I can't find where the money is, if it exists.  Chesapeake, SWN and Statoil keep referring me to each other. No one can account for the over reported amount. Starting to get frustrated. Any ideas?

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve,

Call the courthouse and ask them if Charleston has corrected this issue yet.

Last year a GMS.com landowner had to give up his mineral rights due to being charged taxes on what he should have been paid by CHK rather than what he was actually paid. 

Immediately after that WV Officials started working on this problem. I assume they have corrected Tyler Counties error by now.

If you don't get answers, I'm sure your Congressman's Office will have and answer for you, since he was more than likely the person who started the ball rolling to fix this injustice on top of the injustice of not being paid a fair royalty.

I have talked to SWN, CHK and Statoil. No one can account for the difference. It was over reported by 20%. I don't mind paying the taxes if I get the 20% that they reported. Wonder if this is a common situation? Thanks for the reply.

Steve,

I would think your 2014 1099 from your producer would provide ample evidence to convince the county Auditor or Treasurers office that your royalty income was over reported to them. 

Looks like I have to appeal to the county commission. Thanks for the response.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service