HB 1684 ammendments are currently being discussed in the PA House of Representatives 05/06/14 4:15PM

HB 1684 and amendments to HB 1684 are currently being discussed.

http://www.house.state.pa.us/Video/HouseVideo.cfm

JS 

Views: 744

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Ellis Amendment, Amendment A06939 (brought by Brian  Ellis) resulted in an approximately 1 hour long heated discussion.

After that hour, matters were carried ‘over’.  Looks like the ‘Second Consideration’ of HB 1684 will await another day.

My personal opinion (and that of a number of opposed representatives) is that the veiled purpose of the amendment was to totally ‘gut” HP 1684. I am keeping my 'Snake Bite Kit" handy.

It appears that CHK (and their ilk) have a great deal of influence in our House of Representatives. It appears that passage of HB 1684 (in some reasonable and recognizable fashion) will be a struggle.

All IMHO,

JS

I wish I had seen that debate on May 6.  Unfortunately there is no archived videos - you can only watch the live feed.  Rep. Jesse White made the highlights reel with his passionate opposition to the proposed amendment.  Here is a link to his speech:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grSjGmyqE9A

I would also love to see the actual amendment that everyone is talking about.  The Wyalusing Rocket-Courier newspaper had an article this week reporting on the plea to readers by Doug McLinko and the other Bradford County Commissioners to contact Rep Sam Smith and Rep. Mike Turzai to tell them to stop trying to change HB 1684 and let it come to a vote.  They also wanted people to thank Jesse White for his support.

The earliest HB1684 could again come up for discussion is when the PA House reconvenes on June 2nd; HB1684 is on the House Calendar, at the bottom of page two.

Frustratingly, if one attempts to watch the live video (or listen to the audio) feed – one never knows when (or even if) items on the Calendar will come up. It was only through a combination of perseverance and luck that I was able to listen in to the one hour of discussion on the Ellis amendment that mysteriously appeared.

Thanks to John Harrison for pointing to Rep. Jesse White’s passionate argument against the amendment; an amendment that would take matters back and beyond the sad situation we are currently in. (an amendment that would seem to codify ‘evil’).

Let’s hope and pray that HB1684 passes in some recognizable form; a form that protects the people of PA.

PA needs a simple (bullet proof) definition of what a 12 ½% royalty really is; not the current ‘Orwellian’ situation in which “All royalties are equal; but some royalties are more equal than others”. Satan’s minions seem to have rallied in opposition to HB1684; it looks as though they are conspiring to not only ‘gut’ HB1684, but to make matters even more obtuse.

If anyone ‘catches’ the next time HB1684 comes before the PA House, please post that info and let us know. Again, discovery of what is happening (and when) seems to be a matter of serendipity.

All IMHO,

JS

If I looked at Mr. Ellis Resume correct he is from Philly and listed as a professional politician. The question is if HB 1684 is passed and guarantees landowners 12.5% will  that effect what his district would see from a severance tax? Good reason to gut HB 1684?

Deer Spotter

Brian Ellis is from Butler, Butler Co, pretty straight shooter. I think most of the politians aren't up to speed on the OG ins and outs. Guess their staffes need to get educated so the can educate their bosses! LewPa 

Thank you. was not sure I had the right one.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service