If you live near a state road, or a state park in Ohio, your mineral rights could be trapped indefinitely and possibly made non-productive.

There is no Bureau of Land Management type agency to oversee mineral leasing on state lands until the Ohio Oil and Gas Leasing Commission seats are filled.  The Ohio Senate has the power to protect your mineral rights, and can do so by overriding the governor’s veto on this issue.

Call your State Senator and Senate President Larry Obhof (614-466-7505) before noon on Tuesday.  Ask them to protect your private mineral rights by voting to override the governor’s veto on the Oil and Gas Leasing Commission.

No one should lose the ability to produce private assets simply because the State of Ohio is their neighbor.

Views: 657

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Better yet, vote the present State  powers that be,OUT!

The Ohio Senate voted today to table this issue pending further consideration.  There were four other veto items that were tabled under one motion.  Following the motion to table, there was discussion that the Governor and the Senate President are having conversation on all of the items and that it appears as though progress on these issues is being made.  One of the members mentioned that September 6th will be the next date to review this. 

Although no override vote was taken, this is still not over yet!  NARO Appalachia is working to free up those private parcels for exploration and production.  Keep up those phone calls and inquiries.  No one should lose the ability to produce their private assets simply because the State of Ohio is their neighbor.

I wonder....

I suspect much of the state lands ( roads for sure) were probably "taken" from land owners in the first place as eminent domain.

If that is the case......the minerals IMHO, should not have transfered......the State stole them!

One of the functions of the commission would be to determine ownership of the minerals. 

In the case of the Wayne, the Bureau of Land Management found that nearly 60% of the minerals underlying those federal parcels were privately owned. 

I am being told that the delay in filling the commission seats is related to work on Ohio Administrative Code and that this is a necessary step ahead of making these appointments.  I was also told that Governor controlled Office of Boards and Commissions claimed that this is not a purposeful delay, only a perceived delay.  Forgive my sarcasm in pointing out that the Governor was to have filled those seats back in 2011!

Private citizens should not be prevented from developing their assets simply because the State of Ohio is their neighbor.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service