Were any of you in attendance at the meeting with KWGD on Monday at the PLCC. I was there and was totally surprised by the number of people in attendance. What were your thoughts about the meeting? I found it to be very informative.

Views: 35242

Replies to This Discussion

While I did like most of what the guy was saying for Homeland, I must just be one of the people he was referring to that may never be able to get a comfort level with him.  He somewhat reminded me of the stereotypical "used car salesman".  Another point I didn't like with them was that their fee also cam out of the royalties the landowner receives...  That really made me kind of shy away.  Once the initial deal is negotiated, how much are they truly going to represent you beyond that?
I'm not very crazy about sharing royalties with a rep. How long has their group been around? Who have they done deals with already? I've checked out Chesapeake, and they look like the real deal. BIG, but the real deal. They will drill if they think the O&G is under here. That's why I went with KWDG. I like the fact that they have a good relationship with Chesapeake. Is Homeland working with Chesapeake also?
By signing an agreement like that giving them a royalty interest you essentially make them your lifetime business partner. Not many people in the world I'd do that with and certainly not with a landman who has a "used car salesman" personality.
I look at it as another marriage. No thanks! One wife is enough!
I am not sure who all has signed with KWGD yet, I am thinking that Jon said he did.  But I was wondering if anyone that has signed the initial agreement letter has received any communication from them yet as to when they are going to hold the first actual group meeting?  I have been watching my email & their website & as of yet I have not saw anything.  I thought they said that they were hoping to get something together around the first of August, so I was thinking that communications or postings may start sometime soon... 
it's my understanding that they will move forward with the group after the 1 august "cut off"  perhaps around mid august they will have a group meeting.  i called with a question and learned that they are still getting engagement letters, probably as a result of raising the percentage from 4 to 5% after the first of august.
I thought that was what I had heard them say as well, just wanted to check with you all to make sure I had not misheard.  I hope that they are getting quite a few engagement letters!  It would be nice to have a large amount of acreage in the group to present to the companies.  Where is everybody located?  I am in Center township.
I am in Adams Township. About 5 miles from New Concord. We also have property in Jackson township across from the country club. I have not heard anything, but was figuring sometime after the 1st.
If I couldnt make the meeting how can I sign up with WKGD?
It's actually KWGD (I mis-typed). Go to kwgd.com. Go to their oil and gas page. There is info for contacts on that page.
my thoughts/concerns regarding homeland are similiar to those expressed by jon and nelson.  i don't think that part of the deal should be for the company to share in our royalties.  they say that by doing so they will protect you against "fraud" by the oil company...i question how they would actually do that with their staff...whatever it is.  also, they say that everyone in the group may not get the same signing bonus...with kwgd they fight for all the acerage in the group...everyone gets the same bonus and lease...regarding the lease...homeland says there is a sample lease on their website...you don't actually know what it will contain until they bring the deal back to you and then you can decide...my question is what happens if you don't like that deal since you are part of a group...i have more questions than answers with this group. 
Also, on the topic of Homeland... I have visited their site a few times & I have yet to find a sample lease on there anywhere.  If anyone else has seen it, I would appreciate it if you would be so kind as to post a link. :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service