An account from someone on the ground.

The protest site was up off 287 & north of 220.  Make a left on Dam Run road.  It is a very heavily drilled area.  Road was an old forest service road not too many years ago but you can see now, industry has spent millions to make a very good paved roadway into the area for their own operations.  The funny thing is, most of the area is already drilled and fractured.  There isn’t even a drill within miles of the area, nor is there a pressure pumping crew anywhere around.  Best I can tell, the only thing going on up there beside wells under production is a new compressor station. 

I guess between the uptick in traffic to the area and it being the first day of spring, these hippies decided it would be a good day to cost the industry many thousands by holding nearly 100 workers from accessing the many sites up there.  I have reports from my crew that they were chained together at the road blockages with sticks, rocks, logs, pipe (likely stolen from area contractors), and other debris barricading themselves on the roadway.  

It was interesting to sit there looking at the pictures and count the things they were using, driving and wearing that came from responsible oil and gas development.  Plastic water bottles, nylon parkas, rubber shoes etc.  Such hypocrites.

Views: 3438

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hang in there, Darlene.  There are other life-long stewards of the land who agree that the responsible harvest of oil and gas is a good thing, but the key word here is responsible.  Just knuckling under to what the O & G companies feel they have a "fiduciary responsibility" to do is not compatible with what our ancestors worked for.  Reasonable regulation is possible and necessary.

That is positive Thomas yes I know and that is why we need to be heard.  I do not have all the answers but I do know when wrong is just wrong!  

Count me in as one of these stewards of the land.

We are not "Luddites".

But as humanity really learns its own power, to live from, control, and understand its "Nest", it must temper its needs with some insight, reflection, and reasonable oversight.

This is true progression, an enlightened attitude and science-based approach to moving all of us forward.

Extremes on both sides of the political equations do have their uses: they demarcate clearly the pros and cons of issue, albeit with demonization.

But these polemic points of view are the mechanisms which make democracies work.

At least in this nation we don't kill each other.

Yea, we yell, scream, call names, protest, even go to court.

But this is how Americans do it.

Settle down. (After 5 PM) have a beer. Lighten up.

Oh, and pick up your beer can and roach clip when your are done with yer protest.

Don't wanna spoil the "nest".

Invictus you are funny, I do not drink anymore.  Thank-God

Yes I know!  Very good Advice and well taken!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service