If you have leased your land in Ohio in 2013,please share with the readers the following:

Lessee-County -price per acre-% of Royalty- primary term. Informed landowners = Better leases for

everyone.

Views: 28768

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Carizzo's offer was apparently $5400/ 20% for that non-surface land!!! Anyone else know of non-surface leases that high - besides the cemetery posted about elsewhere on this forum?( Theirs was something like $14,000 per acre for their 17 acres and 20% over time? )

I have land in Greene Twp   who offered you this lease. Just inherited this land and no leases were offered to the deceased owner(Step sons father) Would like to get this leases. All the land around this property has been leased to Cheasepeake  Any suggestions

Anyone know of lease activity in Licking County?

Anyone know of lease activity going on in Portage Co.

Thx. for posting this inquiring thread Mark.
It provides us opportunity to become 2013 current
(and at the discretion of our fellow posters).

I have some property in Columbiana County that I would like to lease.  May I ask when you leased your property, with whom, and where it is located. I have emailed a few companies with no luck.  I have a current lease on my other ground with Hilcorp, but evidently they are not leasing anything right now.

Thanks, Eric 

Hilcorp is the only game in town.

Anyone use HG Resources out of Massillon Ohio for title examination before signing??

I  don't understand your perspective (unless you're a Driller / E & P / O & G Company employee). 

Why would any landowner pay to prove Title to any interested new lessee ?

If the lessee wants proof of Title then they pay for the Title search.

I see any Title search as a part of the lessee's / Drilling Rights / Mineral Rights Purchaser's overhead cost.

I also see that as part of the reason that when a company who 1st Leases or Purchases Drilling Rights / Mineral Rights from a landowner and then later chooses to 'assign' or sell them to some other entity; that the 1st lessee / owner (seller / assignor) can ask for (and normally receives) more money for the 'Drilling / Mineral Rights' being transferred (than any landowner could for the same acreage). 

How else would you verify what there telling you!is true!!Oil companies wanting to lease,that is,if you don't hv your own search done!

The PropertyTitle Searches are usually done by an independent Title Company. They are likely bonded. I would ask for a copy of any Title Searches done on my properties. A Title Company risks way too much to deliberately forge a search (fines, imprisonment, bankruptcy, scandal, etc.).

AFTER the expensive Title Search is done, paid for by those seeking to lease, if you THEN have doubts, questions about its legitimacy, you can go to a different Title company or get to the Courthouse and do your own search! It's not hard, just tedious. But it's all there - everything their Title Searcher looked at! AND with a copy in hand of what their searcher found, you have a written guide on what to look up.

Prudent Action: look in your own records first - you should already have that information along with your property title, etc. If not - get it and keep it there - especially these days!

This thread was started as a source of information of those that have already signed a lease and willing to share the terms. Idle chatter here, and this thread loses its value.

Thanks

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service