https://www.paoilandgasreporting.state.pa.us/publicreports/Modules/...

Checked my pad with the 6 permitted wells and one says

"Rig Release 05-24-2011 Stimulation 08-20-2011 not completed" 

the others say.

"Not yet drilled Conducter set But Not drilled with big rig"

Anyone knows what that means?

Views: 4517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thank you Jason...for posting this...should be at the top of the discussion list .

tell me what the H stands for....I saw 1H and 2H...and I am assuming that they mean one or two wells (H=hole in that example?).   anyone?

also I didn't see production report for Chief for Bradford County on main list at the disc. link...but with some inquiry of the website I did find production of chief's wells in Bradford county.  

we have been needing this list for some time or we didn't know of its existance til recently.   so thanks.

HORIZONTAL

Here's my take; the first well referenced has been drilled and stimulated but not yet completed as of this report.  Seems a bit out dated.

The other; the conductor is a large diameter steel (~22"0casing that is set approx 50 into the ground to form a stable starting point for the drill rig. The drilling rig should be along soon.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conductor_pipe

Thanks.  It's 6 wells on 1 pad.  It just seems weird that they would drill one.  Pretty much complete it, and then not drill the rest. 

can anyone tell me what 1H means?  and then 2H

I understand that there is typically more than 1 well at a pad...is that true?   If there is more than one well at a pad then are each of these wells numbered by the unit's pad?  AS the unit is what is named as the well site from what I understand.   I am not an expert and this is the first time for me to read this report with a little more understanding ...I think it's a great report though...I am glad our local government/state requires such.

Yes, each is a well

thanks..but what does 2H mean...is that the name of the well of the pad?   or does it mean 2 wells?

The well pad is usually the Unit name, and 2H would be identifying a well on the pad.  You can look at the Platt to see this also. I don't know if all companies do the same. I am going by ours for Cheasapeake.  When they are drilling they put this ID on a big sign board at the entrance with the permit information.

the conductor, aka rathole,  is a 20" casing that should be drilled down to rock and then is  concreted into the ground. they can sit for awhile,  until a rig shows up. now , if you have a mouse hole next to it they might have some kind of plan or know what rig is coming to the pad. each rig has a different distance that the mouse needs to be from the conductor, so most of the time they are not drilled until they are sure what rig is coming to that pad.  

for they layman of just reading your post here willy...(no drill lingo yet)...they may think you  are talking about rats and mice.

1H means the first horizontal well ....2H means the second horizontal.  A "V" would be a vertical well.

YEAH!   I am glad for this site.   thank you both!

now my other question is how many wells at one pad?   like some of the data at one named well drilling site is 7H....does that mean they are reporting for one #7 horizontal well?   or does that mean there are 7 horiz. wells reporting?

I just saw one named drill site for Bradford in Pa. for example ...it listed data for Rich 2H and on the next line it was for 5H....does that mean that there are at least 5 horiz. wells at that site ... but only 2  horiz. wells reporting on this data for the 6mos. ?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service