Sunday edition had an article about hos they are using super pads with as many as 35 wells on them.  Wells that stretch out for 15,000 feet.

"A superpad means a quarter of a billion dollars pumped into a single hillside in a place like rural Washington County. It means fewer well pads in total but much more activity on those that exist. It means that from a 10-acre spot, a company like EQT can theoretically slurp natural gas from underneath an area nearly the size of the City of Pittsburgh. I call them mini-industrial complexes,” said David Schlosser, president of exploration and production at EQT."

http://www.post-gazette.com/powersource/companies/2018/01/15/These-...

There was also an article Pitts Tribune on how a company is going to use the old Edgar Thompson steel mill site for a super pad.  They say they can drill under the entire city from there.

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/13116531-74/drilling-planned-at...

Views: 2795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are most well farmgas!

I believe it has been available a while, but we only came to find and utilize it in the last year or year and a half.

There is a bunch of info there, if you explore and play around with it. We still don't feel we have utilized it fully. It is one of the good things done by the PADEP to collect and make available to all interested. A thanks to them, too!

Bullfrex...Does this report indicate well pressures which might signal anticipated well production results or is there another report which will provide this information prior to well fracking reporting?

On the Completion reports from our producer, there are pressure measurements at every frac stage, but I haven't been able to determine a correlation between ISIP (Initial Shut-in Pressure) and production.

One might possibly gather all that data on producing wells in the same geographic area, along with the production numbers from the well(s) studied and make some type of determination of future production from a non-producing well.

I have been told that pressures are not the best indicators of future production.

I have never taken the time to gather all this info and make a judgement, as the completion technique of each producer could vary significantly, so results could be skewed beyond an obvious pattern.

If you are bored waiting and have the time, that could be a fun but time intensive exercise.

Thanks for this information.   I haven`t been successful yet trying to access info at this site.   Do you know how soon reports appear on the site after being submitted?  

I think it depends totally on the Producer. Some are quicker than others. It took roughly four months after the wells were fraced before we could access these documents.

Bullfrex - I was successful in obtaining the well record documents and they really provide a lot of information.  Thanks!   The geology information was really helpful. 

farmgas, it can be a bit daunting to interpret the information found in these documents, but you if you desire, you can create a spreadsheet to compare wells in your area.

This will give you an educated guess on what you MIGHT expect.

I am happy to help. Being a gas geek has its' moments of frustration, but in the end, it is beneficial to be well informed about your immediate area..

Best of luck to you!!

Thank you so much for the answer...I have tried everything I can think of,even calling the landowners' help line,but to no avail.I will certainly try this...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service