Several months ago I posted a link to a spreadsheet that I created calculating  royalties that may be received from wells similar to the Spencer #1115. The values on the bottom of the sheet were calculated using a 100 acre unit with one well. Values are $/ACRE/YEAR. Here is the revised spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An1tGTlpPDvVdDRhdlhLMU...

Views: 16016

Replies to This Discussion

http://theintelligencer.net/page/content.detail/id/592775/Industry-...

Very timely article concerning the Parkersburg cracker plant from the Wheeling News-Register.

Thanks bob, its what i had heard as well. Hopefully it comes about.  Bill

Bob, hope you and your family are well. Would you make any updates to your spreadsheet at this point, Any news on Tyler county drilling? I've read that the predominance of gas in tyler county is wet... true? 

Any new insights. Thank you. Bill

Read an article yesterday. A VP of Odebrecht said that they are now rethinking whether to build the cracker plant in Wood. One of the things he cited was the lack of pipelines and that the advantage of that area is not as good with the low prices of gas elsewhere. That can't be good.

I believe all the Marcellus shale in Tyler Co produces wet gas. The central part of the county also produces casing head gas at the well. For some reason, there are no permits for horizontal wells within 5 miles of Friendly. Permits have been issued in all other areas in the county.

Bob, would the predominance of wet gas change your spreadsheet? Has there been any oil found in tyler county? I've read that there has been oil retreived along with the wet gas.Any thoughts? Bill

Bill, I designed the spreadsheet using the initial production of the Spencer well. It produces "wet gas" and "casing head gas". Liquids separated from the wet natural gas at the well are referred to as "casing head gas", "drip gas", "condensate", or "natural gasoline". This liquid is not oil, but is often referred to as oil. It is made up of hydrocarbons that are liquids (butanes, pentanes, hexanes, etc.) at ambient temperature and pressure. These liquids are sold by the barrel at the well. Price per barrel is about 1/2 the price of oil. Wells may produce 100's of barrels per day. The wet gas is then piped to a processing plant where it is separated into its components (natural gas, ethane, propane, butane and additional condensate). Royalties derived from the sale of the "casing head gas" and the other components of the "wet gas" will likely exceed those received from the natural gas.

Thanks Bob. Now I understand what their talking about. Bill

Bob, hope you and your family are well. Have really appreciated your wisdom over the years. My family tells me that our neighbors in tyler county have let us know that Antero has begun building well pads on their land and should be drilling this fall. Have you heard any news on drilling in tyler county? Thanks Bill

Bill, here is a Google Earth photo to which I have added the permitted and drilled horizontal wells. The blue line at the Stewart-Winland well will be the first completed (August 1) Utica well in Tyler County. Magnum Hunter is expecting it to be a gusher. Projected to produce 30,000,000 cu ft of dry natural gas ($120,000) /day.

Thank you for this map.  I am over in Monroe County and have been trying to locate where the Stewart Winland well is.  Do you have a guess as to how far this well is from the Ohio River?  You know as the crow flies, not highway mileage.    Thanks again for posting this.

5.25 miles to Fly, 8 miles to Sardis.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service