Some true,some hearsay...Aubrey is looking for a site to build his regional office with a Cambridge address.  Aep Utica is looking to drill a well behind the General store in Old Washington,early feb.   .AEP is drilling now in Harrison co. Rice will be moving their big rig from Belmont co. to daddy Shugerts well in Old Washington,soon. Bluegrass Pipeline coming thru the county this year. Compressor  station for Antero's well below Senecaville is ready to fire up any day.  Gulfport is sending rigs to Guernsey soon. EQT is wanting to drill 21 new wells in Guernsey this year. Carrizo has 2 pads built,ready to roll. Cheasapeake,all of a  sudden,likes Guernsey,better than Carroll. The company wanting to build an apartment complex at the I-77/Rt.22 site has agreed to help finance a sewer plant needed at that site& Coventry Estates. Motel to be built across from Pilot on the hill almost ready to roll. Some landowners near Quaker City are getting offers of $13,400. per acre to sell their Mineral rights.  Any other tidbits are welcome. You hear things from credible sources that may not even be true,but you be the judge.

Views: 110010

Replies to This Discussion

About two weeks ago I noticed a temporary waterline running under 513 just north of Oxford road.

I have no idea where it is going, does anyone else know ?

Wilderness Road? They were fracing it when I was there two weeks ago.

Thanks Jeremy, I am not sure where Wilderness road is.

head east on Oxford. Wilderness Rd is a dead end road running between Oxford and I70.  There is a well right next to the interstate at the end of this road.

The well at the end of wilderness road is the Borton well. We don't live down there anymore but are included in that well. So is it confirmed that they are fracking it?

Thats it.  Yes, they were as of 2 weeks ago.

Thank you for the information. Been waiting a long time time for them to do something. We may have to make a trip down to check it out.

OK, I'll throw the latest rumor I've heard in.  the oil companies are coming back in and drilling be willing to take a loss on the crude because they can make enough profit off of the carbon rich gas coming out of the wells.  I was told that it is separated at the well head.  We were contacted today by someone representing

Ascent who we were told bought our lease from aep.  they offered us the terms of our original lease signed with swepi 5 years ago only they want to pro rate it year by year.  We are in wills.  I hate to jump right into this lease without some input from other folks who have had experiece with Ascent.

Anyone recommend a good gas and oil attorney to look over  the renewal lease

thx

Vickie

Vickie,

I believe Ascent is the new name for AEP.  They are one and the same.  A lot of companies are trying to go to the delayed rental ( 1 year at a time) versus paid up (5 years paid in advance) to save money.  One thing that you need to be aware of is that if you agree to the delayed rental and they drill 6 months after signing then you won't get any more bonus payments. 

As far as attorneys go, I am using Mr. Bill Williams of KWGD in Canton for my acreage that just had the lease terminated by Chesapeake.  I have acreage in Millwood township.  Mr. Williams is shopping my property to various prospective Lessees.  It is very early in the process, but I like what I am seeing from Mr. Williams.  He has a lot of experience and is keeping me updated regularly. 

Good Luck,

Dave

thx Dave, that was helpful.

Vickie

Never accept a delay rental for the reasons Dave outlined above. Other operators are leasing in Wills. It also signals the company isn't financially sound enough to get you a well drilled and so are stringing you along hoping for better oil/gas prices. My in-laws leased (and got a paid up lease -full payment for all 5 years) just about a month ago. I think they may have been in Richland though, wherever Senecaville is. I can't remember what the company was but the broker was WLS (I think that stands for Western Land Services). I know that because my brother in law gave me one of their pens :-) ; it says WLS. I would look them up and give em a call. Can't hurt to get them into a bidding war then you'll see who has the mustard and who doesn't. Hope this helps and good luck!

Hey!  thx for the info.

Vickie

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service