Here's another one for the group.. Has anyone said "NO" to seismic testing? Specifically, can lack of the seismic recon discourage a company from drilling in an area?

Views: 733

Replies to This Discussion

I can tell you all I was up last weekend and "OMNI" which is apparently a sub contract of PGS was testing on my neighbors property. They came right up to the pin , but never crossed the line. This bobcat -like tractor they have weights 9-k. (I got into talking with these guys- nice guys, but....) I don't have to tell you what happend running with a 9-k piece of equipment on tracks across the really wet soil. My nieghbor was P#@%^^eD ! ! The guys remained "professional, but at the same time- they were there to do a job regardless of what it did to the property. Food for thought- If you sign make sure you have input into what happens on your property- cause they don't care...
Thanks for the info. Bill. We had a feeling there would be a mess of sorts when they were thru.Guess we're still not signing..
I was offered 5 dollars an acre from geokennetics?
I was also approched. 1st a home vist followed up with a contract. Then a letter saying it would be the last one. If I didn't return the lease they will just go around. What bothered me was that the lease stated they can come on the property forever! If I sold the land the $5.00 an acre will still be in my deed with no end date. Not worth it!
The language you are referring to is worded in the permit so a deal is not reached with you and in between the time the permit was signed and the recording process starts, you do not sell the property and whatever money and terms you negotiated, will have to be re-done with the new landowner. Just tell them you want an expiration date of 1 year.
It is also not a lease. It is a surface permit to conduct geophysical operations. A permission slip of sorts for ingress/egress to conduct the survey.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service