Shell reps has just come through to get permission for seismic testing. I'm not leased (total surprise to them...I guess landowners aren't the only ones kept in the dark!), so I said no. I said I would be interested in leasing, and they said Shell would get back to me soon.

Does anyone know Shell's current standard offer? The last I heard (late last year) it was $2000/acre, 15% royalty. And they have addendums for C&G rollbacks, no storage, and some other environmental ones. I want to be prepared when they call to get the best deal. I'd like to hold out for a higher royalty; I know that Shell has bought/taken over leases with royalties as high as 20%. As I've written before, I'm in a pretty good position where it would be difficult for Shell to totally ignore my property. I want a deal, but I want better than their standard offer: now is my chance. Any ideas?

Views: 3923

Replies to This Discussion

Also, the guy that came around said that I would be getting a letter in the mail, explaining it better. But I should sign FIRST?? Hmmm.  I still haven't gotten the letter.

The leasing landman mentioned only the hand cut "deer path" part.  Apparently he was unaware the letters had gone out.  Didn't talk much to the seismic landman as my primary interest was in them getting their records corrected so they didn't indicate that I was already leased. 

Lynn $2,000 per acre 15% no surface. I didn't tnink it was all that bad, they also added adenda for c&g, water,row'sand indemnification.
That much for no surface?? Last time I talked to them (2009), they only offered $500/acre for no surface, so I didn't consider it. It's worth thinking about now.
That's why I signed, I was waiting for TTLC but when the sisemic guys came around i told them I was not leased and haden't heard from the landman for about 6 mo. they ask me who he was, and the next morening he calls, and offered the no surface. I am like you in  the middle of a unit and was holding out, but i thought it was time to jump in, before i was passed by and the no surface with the same offer as the standered lease was o.k. with me.
A no surface lease would eliminate a lot of the concerns I have about having to have lots of addendums to keep them from destroying my property. Not a bad deal. I wonder if TTLC realizes how many properties they are losing by not letting people know what's going on.
I don't think they had any takers again, I e-mailed them around Feb. and expressed my concerns and they told me I had to do what I thought was best for me. SWEPI has a well pad 2,000 ft. southeast of me and 6 wells perposed so I had to do something. My concerns were also protecting my property, no surface was just what I needed.

Lynn,

Just dawned on me that I should mention that the non-surface lease I was offered by East was done by an addendum to their standard lease, not a specific non-surface lease.  So unless SWEPI does now have a separate lease, you won't escape having to do an addendum for non-surface (and, possibly, ancillary uses like ground water). 

As for seismic, I'd think if they really want to do it, they should be willing for you to exclude your woods.  Consumer GPS units are good enough to do approximate coordinates for the boundaries.   .

That's their "Non-surface is a nuisance so I'm going to try to discourage you with a ridiculously low $500 initital offer" routine.   One of the reasons I didn't sign up with the TTLC was that their non-surface lease would be only half the bonus.
 Non surface for 2000-15% thats a good deal I would sign that.
I agree.
 Jim,no deductions to transform the product to a marketable form is very important also.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service