Last week we received a letter and lease in the mail from Pleasant View Managment.  We have almost nine acres on the very age of Summit County in New Franklin between Barberton and Canal Fulton.  We were offered $2,500 per acre and a 16% royalty.  I do not know if the royalty is gross or net as we were unaware that this was even offered until I did some research last night and find this website and started educating ourselves.  In all honesty we do not know where to go from here or what to do.  We have spoken to two different friends in Carroll County but with different ideas.  One friend already signed a lease a couple years ago for $1,500 an acre and the other has not signed anything and is holding out and not doing anything.  Any help/information that anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated.  We do not know if anyone else in our area has been contacted yet and on everything I read on this site last night I did not seem leases being offered in Summit County and I did not see the name Pleasant View Managment anywhere.

Views: 3040

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was always told 'gross royalties'.

The sign on bonus and percentage do not sound bad but what's going on in your area?

You need a good O&G attorney to advise you and go over your contract.

There are many clauses that can be put in that are not to your benefit.

Plus there may be more leases for you in Right of Ways, pipe lines, etc.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Pleasant View is associated with Wishgard and you probably want no part of anything either has to offer.

Thank you for your insight.  We did not sign and actually do not plan on signing anything for awhile.  I heard it would be another year before they were actively in summitt county.  We are just sitting tight and waiting, watching and listening to everything going on to help us make the right decision when and if we are approached again about leasing.  So many people just let the amount of money go to their heads and just sign the papers without thinking things thru.  I dont want to regret anything later.  I appreciate your advise as I have seen other posts in different place about Pleasant View and they say dont walk away from them RUN.

Wishgard has absolutely zero associating with Pleasant View Mangament.  Pleasant View was started by by EX-Wishgard employees who thought they could do it on there own.  Any mistakes or failures by Pleasant View are not the responsibility of Wishgard. 

Pleasant View and Wishgard are supposedly two different companies but the same people show up in both. Both are brokers (lease flippers). Wishgard has sold a bunch of SE OH leases to Gulfport.

Wishgard has absolutely zero associating with Pleasant View Mangament.  Pleasant View was started by EX-Wishgard employees who thought they could do it on there own.  Any mistakes or failures by Pleasant View are not the responsibility of Wishgard. 

You want to be paid based on the "point of sale" with no deductions taken out.

I recieved the same lease and went to the meeting.I'm holding and waiting to see if a better deal will be coming my way. I live on Grill rd. and was wondering if there are more people holding or signing and their thoughts? I would love to see a map of areas that have signed.

Grill Rd?

Aren't you in the Dominion East Ohio storage field?

I don't kno

How long have you owned your land? How many acres do you have? Are you sure you even have the mineral rights?

35 years and I only have 5 acres.I do have the rights but I believe I 'm setting on the gas storage area.How does this effect me?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service