Thanks Matt Damon, for showing just how small of an impact 14,000 gas wells can have

Today's blog looks at not WHY Matt Damon chose to make his new anti-drilling flick "Promised Land", but where.  Believe it or not, he picked an area smack dab in the middle of the world's oldest oil and gas field, Armstrong County, which is home to 14,000+ gas wells. 

http://knappap.blogspot.com/2013/01/promised-land-reality-tour-dish...

Views: 548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for pointing that out! I will take that to my local anti-frackers.

good article!

You have forgotten that facts don't matter !  Will we ever see a "news" story in the NY times or a 60 minutes specal pointing this out? Herr Doktor Joseph Goebbels couldn't do a better job !

Mike, you are right on again! I thought the same things while I chuckled watching this ironic movie. Matt Damon is not interested in the facts, or having guilt, or anything else as long as he is making money and a name for himself...pretty obvious! He is exactly what is wrong with this country...there are many in Washington, Wall Street, and Hollywood alike, that are more concerned with their own personal agenda's and personal wealth, than they are with the well-being of the masses/middle class of this country. Actors, politicians, and Wall Street BIGWIGS alike have/shown no fiscal or moral responsibilty...they are out for themselves! Obama had a personal net worth of $200,000. a few years ago...now it is estimated @ $11,000,000.00 and growing...who knows what it will be at the end of his second term ( keep an eye on this number...it is growing as we speak )! Al Gore had very little money while running for Prez in 2000,,,he now has an approximately a net worth of $300,000,000.00 ( which is $70,000,000.00 more than Romneys net worth ). BIG FISH eat the little fish...my grandfather new what he was talking about when he uttered those words back in the fifties!Was true then... Holds true today...and history always repeats itself!

Thanks Mike,

Being pro food and farming myself, I rarely take notice of the devastating impact farming has compared to other industries that attract the anti's attention, but isn't it ironic that while in a plane as with your aerial photos you can barely see a well after drilling but the land is altered in giant swatches for fields and pastures to the point where many places the land appears as a giant patch work quilt for 100's of miles.  I can only imagine the trillions of tons of land erosion, fertilizer, and other chemicals like antibiotics and drugs that wash down stream.  I would guess a first time visitor to our planet would notice thousands of major alterations to the earths surface long before ever seeing a O&G well?  I certainly hope Matt Damon is not a hypocrite and does not eat any food grown with oil based fertilizers, or grown on fenced or plowed land.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service