Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 138323

Replies to This Discussion

If I was to lease, the tower(s) would be further than that from the house. Much closer is unwanted noise from logging equipment and trucks, PennDOT and utility company rights-of-way make-work projects, IFR-high plane routes, gravel and pipe trucks, detoured traffic, opening day of buck season, etc.

That's easy.  The engine/transmission of a Tri-County REC bucket truck coming up the hill wins the whine contest. 

Good morning Ann,  A few years ago  A tower was erected on the Painter farm at the intersection of Howland road and the Whitaker road.  This was a couple of years before Big John Painter died and before any mention about gas well.  I asked John about it and he told me it was for checking the wind flow coming from the up that hollow. He told me later that there was not enough wind flow there to be feasible for putting out money for a large installation.  And it was removed.

Granddad Ladd

Hi Bill.  A company named enxco was considering an area on the Rutlan/Jackson bounday in 2010.  Bad timing because, then, SWEP was offering more $  Don't know if it ever got to the test tower stage.   Perhaps this area is being re-evaluated.  The company representative who just contacted me is from Scout Clean Energy, part of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners.

Also Ann Big John and his boys purchased a small distillery unit with the idea of making their own tractor fuel from corn. They did not have great success with it as I recall. They used coal for fueling the distillery. John told me that they were looking for a more efficient enzyme for the mixture. Don't know if they ever found a better enzyme or not. They still have that still set up but do not use it. The fed the used mash for feeding their cattle.

John's son Johnny, ( I used to call them, big john and  little John), has built a set of large grain driers at Little Marsh  for corn. Maybe he has plans to start up his distillery again?

We had a lot of fun teasing Big John about his distillery when they first set it up. I even made some inquiries  for him about what kinds of material could be used besides corn.  I found a long list of possible material that could be used other then corn. Some produced a larger percentage of alcohol then corn did.

Granddad Ladd

He never had any problem with the PA ABC doubting the intended use of the product? What was/is his "day job"?

You don't know what a windfart is?  How about "Breaking wind?  You made my day! LOL!

Granddad Ladd

What's with (again) deleting a chunk of posts,, leaving no indication that has been done. Not questioning the site owner's right to do it, but it does scramble some of the discussions.

Ann, I think when someone withdraws from this site, they have the option to delete ALL of their input (posts). I am not certain if that is what has happened here, but maybe?

I've not checked the TOS, but the usual arrangement would be that the site owns what we post here.   It devalues use of the site for reference purposes (and advertisements) if there are holes in the discussions. 

OT:

That's your premise, not mine. 

Did you not notice that the thread had been repaginated?

I nearly quit this thread altogether, as I get notice of 1 post in 10, and it's nearly impossible to wade through and find what I've missed. It's way too lengthy, and needs a new thread, IMHO.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service