Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 138352

Replies to This Discussion

Although SWEPI only holds state land from the Ultra Resources acquisition, and there is no production on it, PA has had well over 1 Billion in royalty payments from other producers since 2008 just on state owned land most of it in Tioga, Sullivan and Lycoming Counties. That money is long gone and who knows where it was spent. The producers are paying for the gas at very low rates. If you think O&G producers are suffering, you should get a day job. The state gets 18% royalties and considerably more restrictions than any private owner could ever hope for. Remember the company earns at least 5X and more likely 10X the royalties paid to landowners. SWEPI seems like a responsible producer, so I take exception to your comments. I have an undeveloped SWEPI lease, but I,for one, do not want to sell my gas for $2 and am thankful for their continuing lease payments.

I hate to be blunt and won't debate such an obvious point, but there are no "globalists" manipulating the market. If you study economics sufficiently, you will understand what's happening and won't need to invent a bogeyman to explain things with, and then blame for any outcomes you don't like. The world's wealthy do have an extra degree of control over what happens in the short term, but markets are too big to be moved in a fundamental way by any individual or group. And those people that you probably call the "globalists" (the world's wealthy) have such a variety of diverse investments that nothing they do will help one of their asset classes without hurting another. The rich don't all have the same financial interests, so can't move as one even in reaction to world events. To suggest otherwise is a complete fantasy.

What is true is that the last decade's recession was not cured, just covered up, by an orgy of deficit spending. The world economy got drunk on money (little of which filtered down to the average person) and rather than taking our medicine and sobering up, the Trump administration has started force feeding the economy more of the same drink to keep the party going longer. Tax cuts plus increased spending equals deficits and increasing national debt, and a bigger hangover when the party ends. That's what has the markets worried right now - somebody needs to take the punch bowl away, and the current administration doesn't want to do that. The rich don't like or dislike anyone (even Trump) as much as they love their money, and the privilege it buys them.

Ben Van Beurden has done an incredible job,great leadership there with him and his team. 

But Old Timer, How do you see all of this BruHaHa affecting royaltys  from Painter wells?  I'll bet that some of the land owners are sweating profusely now.

Granddad Ladd

great news

Granddad Ladd

OT,It looks like Shell runs there newer Utica wells at about 16million a day.

Chesapeake likes to run there marcelluss at around 8 million a day and seem to hold up pretty good through time.I would guess by keeping the production choked to lower numbers your keeping the propent and debris down in the fractures.

I think the Marcellus and more so the Utica is a learning process.The one thing that is established you need good rock to get high production.

OT, forgive my ignorance....your statement below....

…." looks like eastern edge of higher GIP to me. five miles west, not so much".

Are you saying the highest GIP is in a very narrow band, less than 5 miles wide? That is not very much high quality rock to work with.

OT, that is funny the storage field is the core area.lol

Leaking down...I guess my understanding of the physical properties of gas is all wrong?!?! LOL

OT..…"ironically Swepi walked away from what we know now to be the best acreage in all of their holdings. so it goes.

Who acquired the SWEPI rights they walked away from?

Don't forget to adjust for the length of the laterals. The numbers I've seen suggest that the best four wells in the field (on a per 1,000' of horizontal basis) include JKLM's Sweden Valley 102 3HU. I'm not aware of anyone besides Eclipse that claims that the Sabinsville Storage Field is the core of this Utica sweet spot.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service