XTO recorded the attached Gill South Unit Declaration today. This unit is located in Forward Township. I think it is the smallest unit I have seen thus far at 201 acres.

XTO recorded the attached Gill North Unit Designation 7/1/13.

Views: 3061

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Oliver Perry-Thank you!

Something just don't seem right about this whole thing.

If everything to the right of the very narrow "trunk" is held by Rex why go so close.

Have to see the plat to really tell how close the bore is but looks tight to me.

Ya, I know the law says you can go right down the line. But why make a bunch of people angry and possibly bring up the issue of "frack trespass"?  Bad PR and the fools in Harrisburgh may even hear enough noise to change the setback law to 500 ft like OH.

Power play to force Rex to flip those leases????

Have they actually drilled anything yet?

Phil, have you heard any noise from the Rex leaseholders?

Gotta think about this one a bit.

Cheers

ps: Welcome GM. Yes there is a lot of good info on this site. I have learned a lot!!!

Hey FMV-yes the well's in "play" are already drilled. I'm thinking force feeding Rex to flip and change the Gill 200 acre units to more in the 600 acre neighborhood.

And they are fracked. Your opinion?

Fracked? Don't really know.

While back though I noticed a lot of water trucks coming out of Brownsdale to Rt 8.

Maybe.

FMV,

Something just don't seem right about this whole thing.

I agree!

Have to see the plat to really tell how close the bore is but looks tight to me.

The lateral goes right down the middle of the elephant trunk.

Power play to force Rex to flip those leases????

Why negotiate something you would have to pay for when you can get the gas for free!!  Rex owns everything to the right of the Gill Unit.

Phil, have you heard any noise from the Rex leaseholders?

Rex itself should be going after XTO.  So should anyone in Marburger B who's property is all or mostly in Marburger B.

What XTO did to Rex and Marburger B is wrong.  The situation with Marburger B could be corrected by moving the western line of the elephant trunk to the west to lie equally between the Gill lateral and the future lateral that will be drilled from the Marburger B pad.  This does not change the amount of gas that either unit gathers but it would change overall acreage in each unit which would slightly increase the percentages of Marburger B Unit members not bisected by the Gill Unit line and vice versa for the Gill Unit people.

Phil

Phil,

As you note above the situation with the XTO leaseholders could be corrected quite simply.

I am more concerned about the "frack trespass" issue. Rex will not go after them, publicly anyway. Rex probably has some bores awfully close also, but not quite as blatant as this one.

The setback law is outdated and needs to be changed. (I believe this has been discussed in another thread somewhere, but I don't recall which one at the moment. And I know I put my 2 cents in! lol)

Cheers

Guys,

As you can see from Oliver Perry's post I'm in the Marburger B Unit.  I think what XTO did on the Gill Unit is very wrong.  I'm friends with Gary Gill so I'm not going to make a scene as this is tenth's of a percent out of my pocket.

The Marburger B and Gill are fracted and in production.

Phil

LOL, Phil,

I "get" the drift.

Was thinking something along those lines myself. Pretty smooth negotiations to get that!

Over and out of this one!

On to bigger and better things! lol

Cheers 

Phil, I have a couple of questions for you. When did those wells go into production? Did you receive a division order from XTO. Thanks for your time.

Dave,

October 5, 2013

I got the division orders this summer.

Phil

I don't believe any of the wells in the Marburger / Gill units are on line yet.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service