We will be watching. I will post the vote. Think before you vote, your job might depend on it!!!!!

Views: 431

Replies to This Discussion

I email Chritiana twice about this bill, got his read receipt but nothing else.  I feel they forget we voted thme in, and we can vote them out.

I received a very informative email from Mr. Christiana.  He is not opposed to the bill passing, but wants the language to change.  Since the bill wants to change pre-existing contracts it may be deemed unconstitutional under PA Law, basically un-grandfathering something. Thus the AG and the courts would be a quicker and faster way to correct the injustice happening.  From the information he shared, it seems Chesapeake is the culprit that is causing a lot of problems.  As it stands if passed the gas companies would sue the commonwealth, but if the courts deem the changes they can’t sue.

I could post his entire email, but there is a confidentiality clause at the bottom, and I will respect that.

I believe Mr Christiana is making an exuse for his up coming Nay vote. Here is the point the original Law (GMRC)  states a 12.5% minimun royalty. They are allowed to take dedutions as long as it does not violate the 12.% minimun. I believe there is no grandfathering issue.

As I wrote he is all for this, if you read, there is verbage that has to be changed or the gas companies will sue the bill as unconstitutional.  The A.G. is filling motions with the court to rule on these issues, if the court agrees, then the royality issue will be resolved.

Philip;

Email him yourself: Jchristi@pahousegop.com and read what he says.  He knows about this site and our concern for this bill.  You can tell him I suggested you write him.  He knows me as LTC Betlyn

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service