ODNR production numbers Q4 2013 but HOW does one estimate royalty when there are so many deductions?

It seems a bit pointless to have calculators on sites like this due to all the deductions that will come out of our royalties for transport, handling, separating, metering, treating, processing and marketing, etc.  Did I miss any deductions? (smile.) Is it possible to even estimate?  If the lease states 12.5% or 1/8 royalty on oil and gas less all the various costs of transport, handling, etc how would one even begin to use these web site calculators?  The Plat is 830.103 Acres large and our acres in the plat are 12.626 which makes the % only 1.521  Not a lot to write home about, but home it be.  

Now with the ODNR production numbers Q4 2013 we note that the first of the Milliken wells was on production for 75 days in Q4 and produced 19,309 bbls of oil / condensate and 136,220 MCF of gas.  I suppose if someone owns a much larger % of the Plat then they could at least envision a respectable royalty amount.  Our family doesn't have hopes of any get rich quick $check arriving in the post.  With the facilities the oil and gas industry are building in Harrison County and the other infrastructures they have been resourcing in the area then perhaps some of the costs of separating and handling will be less than if they had to transport across the country.  

The real win is all the new jobs that are in the county.  We note the new education that has been added to some of the colleges and tech schools due to the industry's needs.  This is the real blessing.

On point: do the oil and gas companies have to itemize all their expenses so landowners see in black and white the deductions?  

Once these are known do these costs stay about the same and thus then the calculators become useful with the figures at the top showing the going rates?

Would anyone want to take the numbers I have given and estimate the royalties before the deductions?  I attempted this but using the tool even with the instructions is Greek to me.  Thanks.

Views: 284

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service