Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 102732

Replies to This Discussion

NY Gov. Cuomo Says He’ll Block All New Gas-Fired Elec Plants

We’re simply at a loss for words. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is not a dictator, or is he? Cuomo said on a recent campaign stop that he will unilaterally, illegally, block all new “fossil fuel” powered electric plants in the state, including clean-burning natural gas-fired plants. The man is delusional. He doesn’t have that power–unless the sheeple that live in NY allow him to get away with it. We New Yorkers must rise up and stop this megalomaniac before he plunges NY into the ash heap of history. During a campaign event last Thursday, May 10, in Manhattan, Cuomo said with respect to new gas-fired electric plants: “I have not approved any new ones, and I won’t.” He also said that the state currently has gas-fired plants “all over the state” and that the “long-term plan is to close them.” Breathtaking arrogance! We’ve checked the state Constitution and we don’t find anything in it that vests the governor with the power to ban specific types of businesses in the state, whether for energy or otherwise. Where does he get off?…

We first spotted this reference to Cuomo’s unbelievable statement in a daily email sent by the far-left Politico:

CUOMO: NO NEW GAS PLANTS — POLITICO’S Marie J. French and Danielle Muoio: Gov. Andrew Cuomo said he would not approve any new fossil fuel plants in New York and would shut down existing ones, contradicting his top energy aide who last week called natural gas a “bridge.” Cuomo, at a campaign event in Manhattan on Thursday night, twice told environmental activists he would not approve any new natural gas plants and also claimed, incorrectly, that he has not approved any during his time in office. The comments come as the governor faces a primary challenge from Cynthia Nixon, who has positioned herself to the left of Cuomo on the environment and other issues. “Pipelines we have [blocked]. Power plants that burn gas, we have all over the state. We would have to close them and that’s the long-term plan,” Cuomo said in response to questions by Food and Water Watch’s Laura Shindell. “We’re not building any new ones, but we have to find a replacement for the old ones.” Nixon made a campaign commitment last month to block any new pipelines or natural gas plants.

— Cuomo’s commitment not to approve any new natural gas plants comes as the state’s independent grid operator considers new market rules to incentivize power plants — likely new natural gas generators — that can quickly come online when renewables aren’t available. The New York Independent System Operator has said such resources will be necessary to accommodate Cuomo’s goal of 50 percent renewables by 2030.

We don’t have access to full Politico stories (not worth the money). We went searching in mainstream media for mention of Cuomo’s unbelievable statement–and found none. The only other mention we could find was by the nutters at Food & Water Watch:

Tonight in New York City, Governor Andrew Cuomo committed on camera that he would reject any new natural-gas fired power plants.

Asked about such plants, Cuomo said, “I have not approved any new ones, and I won’t.” Several power plants, including the CPV plant in Orange County and the Cricket Valley power plant in Dover, NY have in fact been approved on Cuomo’s watch. The governor was clear in saying that these plants conflict with the state’s climate goals, adding: “We’re not building any new ones.”

After the exchange, activists pledged to hold Governor Cuomo accountable to his new commitment to reject new fracked gas power plants. “The age of fossil fuels is over, and it’s exciting to hear Governor Cuomo commit to reject new fracked gas power plants. Since he acknowledged that fracked gas plants conflict with New York’s climate goals, Governor Cuomo should rescind existing permits for power plants like CPV and Cricket Valley as well. The governor can rest assured the climate movement will hold him to his words,” said Laura Shindell, an organizer with Food & Water Watch.*

*Food & Water Watch (May 10, 2018) – On Video, Cuomo Pledges to Reject All New Gas Plants

FWW got Cuomo on camera in all of his full arrogance. In addition to pledging to never again approve a gas-fired plant, he also admitted, on camera, to blocking gas pipelines. You can watch it yourself on this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/foodandwaterwatchNY/videos/1937300682987988/

today surveyed for new pad entrance. hope brown bat does not hold land clear until Nov.1

Ann, O.T., Bill, and others, you folks are doing a terrific job posting good information. Thank you!

"59-00035A: Empire Pipeline, Inc. (6363 Main Street, Williamsville, NY 14221) has submitted an application (59-00035A) to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection for plan approval to construct and operate two (2) 10,727 brake-horsepower (bhp) natural gas-fired turbine/compressor engines (Sources P101 and P102) and a 1,114 bhp natural gas-fired emergency generator (Source P103) at their proposed Jackson Compressor Station located in Jackson Township, Tioga County. ..."
https://www.pabulletin.com/secure/data/vol48/48-20/786a.html

JACKSON COMP STA - eFacts
http://www.ahs.dep.pa.gov/eFACTSWeb/searchResults_singleAuth.aspx?A...

JACKSON METERING & REGULATOR STA - eFacts
http://www.ahs.dep.pa.gov/eFACTSWeb/searchResults_singleSite.aspx?S...

One of the reasons I see for this particular thread being so 'cumbersome' is that some posters do not 'reply' to the latest entry post, instead replying to a particular entry, putting things in an uncronological (is that really a word?) order. Still an informative thread, though,and probably one of the most active here at GMS.

Just sayin LOL

unchronological 

(ʌnˌkrɒnəˈlɒdʒɪkəl)
adjective
not chronological; not arranged in chronological sequence
2. archaic
(of people) not skilled in the use or observation of chronology; having a poor awareness of chronology

Bull. i get your point exactly except i also get the reasoning behind posting to prior comments as it should relate specifically to  that persons post. like an ongoing conversation. it then appears out of order. i usually go to "last reply' first, then scroll back a bit to see if more comments were added to previous posts.

regarding the 68 blackout. we had frequency charts hanging in the plants as reminders. at that time generators did not have overspeed relay protection. if a generator is tripped off the grid without steam throttle valve trip simultaneously instant catastrophic failures occurred. 3600lb. steam pressure  pushing 800mw of released resistance sent many 100 ton turbine/gen. into disintegration including plants themselves. these were refered to as high impact lessons in engineering. point is all our energy systems are very fragile beyond the publics comprehension and when they go down for extended periods CHAOS AND ANARCHY will prevail guaranteed.

Puerto Rico

Ann. i guess it was 65. close enough. your brain will start to fail someday too.

That boat has sailed.  Google is my friend.

About the only thing of me that does not fail is my memory.  ( I  still recall the phone number my parents had when I was six years old.)  77 years ago.

ENOUGH SAID about that! LOL!

Granddad Ladd

RSS

© 2018   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service