Maybe someone out there can help me. I am not leased and have not signed up with any lawyers but have gone to a couple meeting. One of the lawyer goups just called and said they have a contract with Halcon and want me to sign a contract. I would get 3150 an acre and 18%. However the lawyers want 150 per acre and 1.5% of the roylaties for 5 years. The 1.5% would translate to 8.33% of my royalties. But they said that need to do it by monday. I hate to rush into something but what if i wait and nothing happens. I hate to give up some of may royalties. But i would hate to end up with 18% of nothing.
What do you think?