http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2018/01/dennis_kucinich_cal...

Wants to end all oil and gas activity in Ohio.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Democratic gubernatorial candidate Dennis Kucinich on Thursday unveiled a series of proposals designed to bring a complete end to oil and gas drilling in Ohio.

At a news conference in downtown Columbus, the liberal former congressman and presidential candidate said that as governor, he would use eminent domain to acquire and close all existing traditional and fracking-style oil and gas wells in the state. Kucinich pledged to block any new drilling permits and order a statewide injection-well ban.

In addition, Kucinich would direct the Ohio State Highway Patrol to stop, inspect, and turn away vehicles found with fracking waste. The state would offer free health screenings to Ohioans living near fracking sites and collect data with an eye toward filing a class-action lawsuit against fracking companies on the scale of the multi-billion-dollar legal settlement that states reach with tobacco companies 20 years ago.

Asked whether his proposals were unrealistic given that Republicans dominate the state legislature, Kucinich said he has a history of working with conservatives when he served in the state Senate.

Views: 1876

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see how he got the nickname "Dennis the Menace"

He wont get very many votes with that comment!

It isn't the statement that he made which is outrageous, it is the fact that a certain amount of voters who will believe he can deliver on that silly statement.

He will garner a significant amount of votes. His beliefs will attract the kook fringe of the Democrat party.

If Paul lived in Ohio I'm certain he'd vote for him.

trust me, I know, I live in Cleveland.the man is embarisng

Did he ever deliver your paper?

Dennis started out as a paper boy in cleveland, he was fired because he couldn't get  his papers delivered on time, he became a politician because that was the only place you you can screw up, and it don't matter. he has been a loser all his life.I think his only friend in congress was Anthony Weiner. 

weather people don't get fired!

Dennis has been a fascist/leftist for a long, long time.

Speaking from a democrat point of view (yes there are democrats/liberals who read this forum and not just as trolls) and a leased landowner, I find Mr. Kucinich's stand on this issue pretty disturbing. Of course, admittedly, I would stand to lose significant $ if regulations like he proposes were implemented; but even without that factor, I too think he is out of touch with what the state needs. If he wants to tout enforcing regulations to keep the industry honest and protect our property and environment, that's a reasonable position to negotiate on with folks across the aisle. But I think proposing these kind of drastic measures only dooms his chances, and paints his party with a wide brush of "leftist crazy" that is undeserved for most. 

He might attract enough off of the bottom of the barrel to scrape together the nomination before he is crushed in the general. I have followed Kucinich for years, the guy is a nutbar of the hard left.

Why does one party or the other insist on nominating a candidate who cannot possibly win ?

I suggest that he gird his loins for the mineral owners class action suit that would follow...  How do kooks like this get a job?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service