Well didn't get this months check from Chesapeake,they weren't able to sell the gas that they produced from the well in our unit, so I guess the gas just evaporated into the stratosphere, I wish chesapeake would just evaporate and we could get picked up by another company,,,

Views: 2423

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Read another post that says that CHK blames lack of infrastructure as reason for throttling their production.

It sounds like they couldn't sell the gas since they didn't produce the gas.  This would at least make sense.

I've thought for quite awhile now that the words 'lack of infrastructure' are more of an excuse than a reason; and the real reason being a marketing ploy to create delay until the price of their commodities rises to where they want it to be.

The delay also provides time for financial maneuvers, legislation/politics.

Just my opinion.

Call me a cynic (because it's an accurate adjective and it's who I am / what I've become).

To share a little more of my thought process:

1) I ask myself :  if I were a member of the Board of Directors of a huge O & G conglomerate and considering that I'm rolling in dough in the 1st place (and can afford to wait) and then considering ways to make even more dough for myself; I come up with the idea of waiting until I can demand a higher price for what it is that my O & G conglomerate is selling.

2) Then I decide to wait.

3) And then I wait until I'm good and ready to let loose my dogs.

4) I take this posture because I'm 1st and foremost self-serving.

Same holds true if I'm a highly paid and empowered politician trying to figure out what's best for myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now, back in my layman landowner shoes I ask myself what I can do about it.

I come to this site to share ideas.

I finally realize that we laymen landowners must be a minority interest in the grand scheme of things.

I then conclude that I'm doing all that I can and promise myself to try and not to be taken advantage of with a bad lease.

That's all I got to offer except - Good Luck To All Of Us - We Need It.

J-O

one thing that i would add to your thoughts joe if i may, is that our (mineral owners) interests are aligned with the industry's in that we would also benefit from higher prices.

personally, i am just fine with waiting for higher prices before my gas is produced in large quantities.

we only have so much gas in our shale, it'd be a shame to see it all sold at bargain prices.

wj

After we lease we'll also feel better about waiting.
Regards To All,
J-O
CHK may be, but perhaps not it's Board.

"CHK may be, but perhaps not it's Board."

i fail to see the relevance joe. no matter how much money chk or any company or any ceo or board member has or makes from the sales of our gas, we still get paid based on the terms of our lease.

for better or worse, we are bound by those terms for a very long time.

how good or bad those terms are, is up to us at the time of signing.

wj

That's the way it's supposed to work alright.
What does a landowner do when it doesn't?

joe, can you expand on that?

not sure i understand exactly what you're saying/asking there.

wl

To wyalusing jim:

My initial reply was to matthew santiago's comment.

I can't expand on it much at all.

In one instance I'm agreeing with him (and I guess also with you as far as relevance is concerned).

In another instance I'm asking a straight up question.  What is a landowner supposed to do when his royalty payments aren't being made as agreed ?

As far as the remainder of your interjection is concerned, you're not finding any disagreement from  me.

That's all I got here.

Good luck in all your and any landowner's endeavors, including mine.

J-O

Im Starting to see a pattern.....

Chesapeake Energy Fined $765,000 for Inaccurate Royalty Reports

http://www.smartmoney.com/news/on/?story=on-20130402-000490&cid...

Or did i miss the point of this thread?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service