What do you all think about this deal with Antero.  There is a signing next week involving several townships.  somerset, warren, wayne, union, flushing, kirkwood, and goshen.  Does the utica landowners group get money per acre from the 5700?  Im wondering if they are using this big signing to only cherry pick the ones they really want.  I would like to find a company that is gaurenteed to pay instead of forcing us to wait several months and then have to be released because of nonpayment. 

Views: 18212

Replies to This Discussion

Joe isn't that what I just tried to say? lol

"I wouldn't call it "Cherry Picking" if you had say 200 acres and you thought it had more oil than Alaska and a O&G company ran title search and found your land was isolated by your neighbors HBP land, current lease with another company, neighbors no surface use clause and the list goes on."...sorry Billy I don't understand what it is you're trying to say here.....what do you mean by "isolated by your neighbors HBP land,...." apologies for being thick

I would agree that oil companies cannot take everything  but they should state this up front and not make statement "we want everything we can get in these townships."   They know where they plan to drill within the lease period (time frame)  and should at the very least at signing tell people itheir property is or is not witin this area.

Likewise I agree that the O & G companies are a business and not a charity organization and need to do their due diligence as well but they also know which areas where they want and do not want to target their activities.  It seems like they should be able to do so preliminary screening and not tie up resources at the county clerk level as well as landowners either. I suppose it's one big game and competition amongst other drilling companies also probably comes into play as well to use land as a bargaining chip to swap and trade and form drilling units.

Rich but even the county recorders office has been blind sided by a one day lease recording that threw the whole records search out the window! Yep the company paid like $43,000 for the recorders fee for one day!

Due diligence requires vast amounts of time and money because the full title of each and every parcel must be scrutinized to the last detail. Often, the same must then also be done for the surrounding parcels to determine if the producer is looking at a landlocked non-opportunity. There is NO way to do this without tying up the county recorder's office. It is a labor and resource intensive process and must be done because too large a percentage of landowners do not know what they really own.

Received check from Antero Friday via Fedx. I live out of state but own several acres in Flushing Township near Hazelwood.

Thanks Ed....I'm not familiar with a Hazelwood in Flushing Twp....do you mean Hazelwood Hill Rd out by Piedmont Lake?

Yes

Thanks Ed...appreciate the info.

I heard from a guy today who received his Antero check recently - he lives outside Barnesville on route 800.

I signed with Antero in December for 7000 @ 20% and was just told that are not going to pay. Better things will come along?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service