What do you all think about this deal with Antero.  There is a signing next week involving several townships.  somerset, warren, wayne, union, flushing, kirkwood, and goshen.  Does the utica landowners group get money per acre from the 5700?  Im wondering if they are using this big signing to only cherry pick the ones they really want.  I would like to find a company that is gaurenteed to pay instead of forcing us to wait several months and then have to be released because of nonpayment. 

Views: 18212

Replies to This Discussion

Mine was $7,000. Clear title on land. Signed document from coal company that they wouldn't interfer with drilling for gas or oil. No good reason from Antero except that it was out of their drilling area.  LOL.

Yea, good bonus except they are not going to pay. Ravens Rock is not leased and does not want any wells drilled on their land according to my attorney that has been handling the lease. That does not say that they may not consider allowing wells to be drilled "under" their land from adjacent property. I'm not sure who the neighbors around are leased with but most of them leased in the first go around and got very little.

That's the group. I believe because they will not allow a surface well that my property is in a good spot. I can wait. Time will tell.

I know the people who own Raven Rocks.  They will never allow drilling under their land.  They own over 1000 acres, to big to force pool.  I am sorry that it hurts your chance to lease.

Why would they not let them drill under them, doesn't make much sense when 4 years ago they let the gas line come through and in the late 60's let the powerline come above the ground ???

Not all wells are drilled in the SE direction. I know of three that are in the NW direction and one is 8,000 ft horizontal.

I am sure that the owners of Raven Rocks would be willing to talk with you.  I am not sure if it would change their minds but at least you would have a better understanding of their motives

Can I ask where you are located?  We signed for the same but are in Western Goshen Township.  We signed in November but haven't heard anything yet.  Looks like they have a drilling unit up north of us but I am not sure if it will include us or not.

Wayne township, south side.

You signed a lease that gave Antero an out for anything other than clouded title?

Have you ever read a 19 page lease with all of the legal double talk? The way things are worded they have the option of not picking up the lease at the end of the 120 days. The reason they gave my attorney was just BS and smoke. To fight the issue when there is not better than a very good chance to win is not worth the time and costs. I can wait until the intrastructure is developed to support production and the gas companies truely get serious.

Yes, I've read dozens and dozens of them. I read them over and over, using a dictionary at the same time, until what I read made sense. I also read and understood all 20 some pages of the lease I did end up signing and recently got paid for. You should have read yours too, over and over, until you understood it fully, possibly hiring someone to break it down and make sense of it for you. You should NEVER sign any type of contract without knowing exactly what is in it (unless you're running for Congress where that sort of ignorance seems to be a job qualification these days).

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service