Has anyone, that is  leased with AEU, re-leased with them or heard any news about anything from them?

Any thoughts what might AEU be doing in the future in Guernsey Co., Londonderry township?

Leased 4 years ago and not a peep from them. 

My minerals are supposidly in "the hot spot". 

Just curious.

Thanks ya'll

nc man

Views: 2512

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

looks like your minerals may be in Harrison County?. And it looks like the parcel is owned by K&R Conservation. Maybe K&R has been receiving the royalties?

Maybe they drilled west to east to get a foothold on that 589 acre K&R Conserv. property?

Bo, you did good and thanks much for your welcomed input!

But no, ALL, of our property, is in Guernsey.

It is situated in the township of Londonderry, county of Guernsey and known as and being "the west half of the northeast quarter" of section 21, Township 11, Range 7, Guernsey.

This is what is on the Notice for Preservation of o/g rights, that we filed, in the County Recorder's Office by Colleen Wheatley, in August, 2014

The property, which contains our 79.23 acres, where we own the minerals, ends at the Harrison County line but our minerals are in Guernsey, not Harrison. 

Went through an attorney, several years ago, when K&R was trying to claim our minerals by " Affidavit of Abandonment" but we filed the "Notice of Preservation of Oil and Gas Rights" back on August 21, 2014.

There was a title search done at this same time. I have written exactly what it states.

I am feeling that K&R disregarded the legal steps we took and is now and has been reaping our benefits!

But if K&R is already involved in the royalty $, why would Ascent still be wanting to pay us for a renewal, if K&R(Carrizo-driller) has taken over, already?

Not a good feeling------

Now, if this is true, what do you suggest our next step is?

Thanks for taking interest in this puzzling discovery we have made.

nc man

---------------------------Just wondering if you, and I do value your input, is the only one able to read our "conversations" we are having on Marcellus?

Usually a posted topic  gets many replies.

Just wondering.

Everyone can read these posts. and if I were you,I would investigate the possibility of Carrizo having sent your share of royalty $ to K&R. Ascent may know this and is just waiting for you to discover it. Wanting to make sure they keep you leased just in case. You may need that attorney again, or at least someone to investigate whats going on. If that well is producing,and your 79 acres are in the unit, then someone is getting the royalties. The producers unit is recorded at the county recorders office,along with every parcel that is part of it.Carrizo may be sending your share to Ascent,or to K&R. You may just need a phone call to find out, or your brother, if he lives close, can just go in there and get all that info. May not need a lawyer, just a tire iron to take along with you if your royalties have been snookered away, and you find out whodunit!

Bo,

Great thoughts and suggestions!

I will work on finding out what is really going on, to the best of my ability and will keep you informed.

Will contact my brother in Ohio and ask for his help, too.

Best of luck in obtaining a renewal with Ascent.

Time is ticking away and getting closer to "D Day" for all of us with Ascent!

Again, thank you for all the time and help you have put into this discovery(maybe)!

You are a true friend in my book!

nc man

here is an old map. Possibly the well stops short of your minerals?
Attachments:
If you go on Odnr and click on the Wagler 1s it is the third permit down in the list of permits and the royalty owners list is clear at the back like page 35 of 41. Hope this helps

Wagler Well 1S

Was on the ODNR map, last night, and found there is a discrepency in the description on the Well Summary Report.

It says the well head starts in section 27 and the target/bottom hole, ends in section 20.

But on the ODNR map, it clearly shows the bottom hole is in, Section 21.

By my calculations of lining up the longitude/latitude location of my southwest property line, where my mineral rights are located , it appears the bottom hole of the well, is right in my part of section 21.

When I clicked the green dot/bottom hole, it shows the owner, as K&R Conservation LLC C/O Richard Bevington----!!

That sure isn't me!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Parcel: 200000301000
Well name Wagler 1S-- States, 736' SL & 99' WL of NE QTR Sec 27...Target 1013 NL & 131 WL of NE/4, Sec 20....
The bottom of the well is  in Sec 21, on the ODNR map, not Section 20.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Just wanted to share.

nc man

You better get to the recorders office or county engineers and find out just what the true production unit is and what parcels are in it. The ODNR's info may not be actually true.or up to date.

Response  from ODNR rep, explaining the mistake, on ODNR map, was their's.
I just question how this got "fixed" so fast, in such a short time , after my brother contacted ODNR.
Within hours the map was changed.
I have a copy of the "old" map showing the well bottom on the property of our mineral rights.
I guess this ends this but I still feel something is just not right here!

Anyone's thoughts?
Thanks
nc man

To:
CC: Michael.McCormac@dnr.state.oh.us
Sent: 9/15/2016 4:28:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Wagler 1 Bottom Hole Location

Mr. W,

As we discussed on the phone the Wagler 1S (34059243680000) was permitted as a vertical stratigraphic test well. Carrizo then applied for a new permit to drill horizontally from that well and received permit 34059243680100 Wagler 1H. Once a company drills a well they are required to submit a survey showing the exact location of that well. I attached a copy of the well survey Carrizo took on the Wagler 1H. This survey shows that the well is oriented SE and the bottom hole is in Section 20 of Guernsey County, Londonderry Township. 

Your concern was that the approved bottom hole location differed from the location posted on the online map. After looking into this I found that the bottom hole location was incorrectly entered into our database. This typing error on our part caused the bottom hole location for this well to post about a mile north of where it is actually located. I updated our database with the correct location and you should see these changes on the online map within the next day or two. 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call. 

Matthew S. Erenpreiss

Geologist

ODNR – Division of Oil and Gas

2045 Morse Rd., Bldg. F2

Columbus, Ohio 43229

NC Man,

In my opinion the state map is pretty worthless, it only shows a poorly drawn direction of the laterals and can be very misleading.

If you continue to zoom in on the state map the different wells are spread out so you can click on them individually.

Poking around with that I have been able to access the permit application given to and approved by the state. Some of the documents should show the actual plat map of the unit and the actual placement of the well bores. Some companies include the names and acreage of each person in the unit.

Well, we said no to Ascent's $500 an acre, they were offering since early Feb. and it was heard loud and clear !

Today, we received a certified letter from Ascent  and a  bonus check in the identical amount as the one rec'v in 2011!

$5,000 an acre and the same lease for another five(5) years!

Glad we stuck to our guns and had Bo's words of encouragement to lean on.

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear from Ascent.

nc man

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service