Just wondering if anyone is signing a lease with Ascent Resources... Trying to compare notes,

Views: 1489

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@lance

I have no experience with the company.

However, depending on where you are located your options may be limited.

The companies appear to be consolidating their core areas. Which means you may

not have many options with regard to negotiating, since there may only be one company.

Thanks Barry

Not sure where you are located, but I know Eclipse operates in some of the same areas as Ascent in Ohio.

Wills township, Guernsey County

Might have some luck with Eclipse there, I believe they were active in Londonderry recently.

@G.H.

These companies are working together in many areas. They all know which where each company has leases.

And, in the end they collaborate, trade leases or combine leases.

With some exceptions there is no longer a situation that a landowner is able to play one company off another.

The better play for a landowner is to determine the bottom line.

In other words, what is important to you? Don't play games.

Honesty is always the best policy. You can still walk away.

Thanks Barry, good insight...

I'm not suggesting playing games or doing anything dishonest... I'm suggesting evaluating all options, which in this case means seeing if there are multiple companies leasing in the area, and then comparing their offers.  Of course there isn't as much competition as there was 4-5 years ago, but there is still competition in some areas.

You are right, these companies do often work together in the sense that they'll trade acreage/leases in the end when it is necessary to make a unit.  

Barry D - I signed with Ascent - Belmont County - they are active in this area, drilling and laying pipe. I was a hold out so didn't get what I would have liked. What questions do you have?

My parents signed with one outfit, I (adjacent property) with another, but Ascent took over those to unitize & drill two sites that pretty much include both all our acreage. I can't speak for actually leasing with them -- especially now, as our leases were signed about three years ago -- but the one unit went in to production Jan. of this year; the only thing I can attest to is the royalty, if that would assist any.

Leased with Ascent for $6,000/ acre and 16 1/2 gross royalty.I have 100 acres in southern Jefferson County.The lease is for 3 years.
5,000 an acre 20 percent gross on April 6th shortcreek township Harrison county, 5yr lease... The deal was through utica landowners group whom negotiated the lease.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service