Anyone interested in a GoMarcellusShale social sometime this spring? Meet the folks we talk with on this website...share a meal?

I'm a landowner in Washington Township/Butler County.  Just looking to see if anyone would be interested in spending a weekend afternoon socializing/talking the talk/networking.  Landowners only.  I know of a great little restaurant on the Allegheny River in Foxburg...just south of Emlenton.  Would be happy to organize the gathering.  Looking at early spring for a date.  Post here...and friend me if you are interested!  

Views: 3345

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's the place!  It has a new name though..The Allegheny Grill.

Sounds like you've been a fan of the place for a while...we have been going there for about 30 years...back when it was The Silver Fox.

Can I bring Bob Hagan of Ohio?

Bring Bob.....that would be awesome.

We going to have a Turkey Shoot for a activity?

No Billy...it's a RESTAURANT...not a farm!

Absolutely!  Bring anyone you like!  The more the merrier...

Sounds good!  Count 2 in for Ascani

JMS;  Are you thinking of renting the upstairs room or just all getting together at a table?  Do you want to do this after they set up the outside tent along the river?  I think they put up the tent in May.

And for everyone else; they have a canoe rental operation where they take you up river and drop you off so you just canoe down to the restaurant.  You have several options on what distance to go, from 5 miles to over 40 miles. Beautiful river in the mountains, canoed it several times. Water is quiet enough for kids and beginners.

My plan was to just go with the flow...see how many people we came up with.  I'm thinking indoors in case of bad weather, but certainly can drift outside if the weather's nice. Ultimately depends on how many would be able to make the event once we had a date.  Sounds like there's interest...so I'll start making some inquiries...think you can get us some kind of discount? 

Yes, used to canoe the river with my family...it's a wonderful spot.  Believe me, it takes alot longer to paddle up the river than to drift back down...so if you're interested, go with the drop off idea.

If weather is permitting there is a bar outside, if it is open, along with tables, right next to the

river.

Inside the bar is large, U shaped.  Along with a lot of tables and chairs, a few TV.  Stmosphere

is the greatest.

Fri/Sat/Sun would be tough, that is when they make their money.

During the week is pretty dead.

I usually go down around 4/5 and most of the tiimes, the only one in the bar.

But activity does pick up.

I know...that's the best spot...but it's looking like we may need to rent the 2nd floor...

Have had a little more than 40 or 50 responses so far.  Of course...date will be the deciding factor for many. 

Still getting responses from my local landowner's group (BCLG).

Will keep you posted!

JMS, This is a great idea. My hubby and I would love to attend. When you are making the plans, could you give us some phone #s for near by places to stay over night. We would be coming from Allegheny County, but my leased property is in Southern Butler County.

I belong to another Group ( not for the gas industry ) my hubby and I had a party at our house for this group,we had over 75 people show up. We are still friends and see many of those who came on a regular bases.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service