http://kfor.com/2016/03/02/police-former-ceo-of-chesapeake-aubrey-m...

OKLAHOMA CITY – Police officers confirm that a man killed in a car wreck early Wednesday morning is the former CEO of Chesapeake Aubrey McClendon

On Wednesday, firefighters were called to a car wreck on Midwest Blvd., between Memorial and 122nd St.

Officials say one person died at the scene when the vehicle hit a bridge in the area.

Photo from Midwest Blvd. accident

Photo from Midwest Blvd. accident

On Wednesday afternoon, KFOR learned that the driver of that vehicle was Aubrey McClendon, the former CEO of Chesapeake.

Officials with the Oklahoma City Police Department held a news conference on Wednesday afternoon, confirming the fatality is McClendon.

Capt.  Paco Balderrama says police are still investigating the crash, but added that he was traveling at a “high rate of speed,” well over the posted speed limit.

fatal crash

Balderrama says McClendon died instantly from the crash. After that, the 2013 Chevy Tahoe caught fire.

“He pretty much drove straight into the wall,” Balderrama said. “The information out there at the scene is that he went left of center, went through a grassy area right before colliding into the embankment. There was plenty of opportunity for him to correct and get back on the roadway and that didn’t occur.”

The accident occurred less than 24 hours after McClendon was indicted by a federal grand jury.

Aubrey McClendon

Aubrey McClendon

McClendon, 56, retired from Chesapeake in 2013 and became the CEO of American Energy Partners.

“It is with deep sadness that AELP confirms that earlier today, its founder, Aubrey K. McClendon died in a car accident on Midwest Boulevard in Oklahoma City. Aubrey’s tremendous leadership, vision, and passion for the energy industry had an impact on the community, the country, and the world. We are tremendously proud of his legacy and will continue to work hard to live up to the unmatched standards he set for excellence and integrity. We will deeply mourn his loss and please join us in expressing our condolences to his family,” a statement from American Energy Partners read.

McClendon was also a partial owner of the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Read more: http://kfor.com/2016/03/02/police-former-ceo-of-chesapeake-aubrey-m...

Views: 18156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't buy any stocks based on that gut if it's telling you that.

http://legacy.newsok.com/obituaries/oklahoman/obituary.aspx?n=aubre...    Passing along.  Love him or hate him, the man left a mark on our country and this industry.   He did more in 56 short years than most people do in 10 lifetimes.   I will never forget a quote from someone on this very forum:  "The man drills wells at a speed which defies physics".  (paraphrasing..)     

I respect entrepreneurs and self-made men and women; he was certainly one to admire.

Out of control havoc, boom, bust, corruption, heart aches, deception, thievery, and others is what comes to mind for me. There's a lot of smart people that did more damage than good in this country. For the way he molded and ran CHP I have no respect for his life what so ever.

Rea my other post about this. HE'S NOT DEAD.

Can foul play be ruled out ?

Did he have many enemies in life ?

Lot of money involved - no ?

I imagine they're looking at everything / every possible scenario - wouldn't you think so too ?

Just me (the cynic's cynic) wondering.

What happened there  / what's the true story ? ?

Will we ever know ? ?

I am sure there were black helicopters flying all around the site and guys who were dressed up like the blues brothers flying them. Maybe someone hacked into the vehicles system and made it drive itself into the wall. Or perhaps he could not stand what was going to be revealed in a full fledged court case, you know put your hand on the bible and swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, that may have been a little tough to swallow along with the prospect ( ugh) of 10 years in federal prison if convicted. I wonder if execs from EnCana will be indicted since Chesapeake has been granted immunity ?  smells pretty bad from here. I fully understand the game

2008 Company A goes out into Moon Township by the Pitt airport leases a bunch of land at $4000.00 and 18% Company A sends the landman back out to tell all the clients they will not be paid since the stock market crash had stopped everyone in their tracks. Company A calls in one of their steadies  from Texas who has his own LLC. Steady from Texas goes out and signs up all the people Company A did not pay but Steady signs them up at $2000.00 an acre and 15%  then Steady assigns all those leases back over to Company A after making $500.00 to $1000.00 per acre on every acre and the 3% ORRI  not a hard thing to do and very very common in the industry its called doing business. 

I let your first couple of comments slide, just thought you were an angry person with a problem. But this scenario (your lease play idea) is not "very very common", in fact not common at all. It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I have never heard of it and it is probably a figment of your conspiracy leaning imagination. I'm sure it's too much to ask respect for the deceased from you, so how about I just ask you to keep your comments to yourself. They are disrespectful to his family and his memory. AKM was a leader and an innovator, and deserves respect, especially at this time.

Thank you - based on the comments on his obituary, which I posted - MANY people knew him personally and had admiration, love and respect for the man.   I heard that he was a dynamic person who really drew moths to a flame.   No matter his perceived business dealings, he was greater than most of us.   God Speed, Aubrey - wish I had been able to meet you.   

You hit the nail on the head Barb

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service