Recently this group has a bunch of new members but still has very little activity. How about ALL members sharing what they know is happening in Belmont County. Have you or any of your neighbors signed a lease? Have you or your neighbors been approached with any lease offers? Do you know of any landowner groups in Belmont County? What issues have you had to deal with in this process? Is anyone looking a pipeline right-of-way leases? What terms do you want in your lease when you do finally sign and why? The more information we share here with each other, the better prepared we will all be when we do sign leases and cash in on the mineral wealth under our lands in Belmont County.
Finnbear

PS - I am participating in the Smith-Goshen Landowners group, a landowner based, non-profit group. See http://hcolg.org/HowItWorks.html for an explanation of what a landowner non-profit is and how it works.

Views: 31687

Replies to This Discussion

Hello ,Teresa These terms are pretty easy for the companies to agree to , the state requires them to maintain your water if they disturb it , they usually supply water buffalos (large Tanks if they need to until they can repair the trouble.

here area lot more clauses that most of the landowners groups have added to help protect the properties . I also have afreidn in Guernsey that signed early with chesapeke when they had a deal through the wheeling attorney rokinsky , At last I heard he was not paid so far , I hope he can negotiate another deal with the prices up as they are .

Who was the Guernsey group with when they signed.

I am in the Barnesville area  still waiting patiently in the Smith Goshen Group . I have been tryiing to see if anyone knows if Oxford Oil has agreed to let any of the big companies drill their deep holdings but I have not found out for sure yet . They have a lot of property leased near me

I wonder why consol put the first well near Barnesville and then never leased any more property near hear since that good well / Mick

Consol didn't have to lease any more acreage at that point. They already had about 200,000 acres and no great means of developing them for oil and gas. Remember, Consol is an energy company who was formerly big in coal and had extensive leaseholds that were undervalued because of their inability to economically develop and drill for oil and gas. When they partnered with Hess, they gained a partner who was had the means and the money to drill this acreage. Hess/Consol is now looking hard at Belmont acreage that is still unleased to determine how well it fits with their existing acreage.
If you pull the permit info on some of the recent Oxford wells in Belmont, the drilling units look suspiciously like horizontal well drilling units. Most of them are now deep vertical wells (drilled to the Trenton which is just below Utica) but are planted on well plats that would accommodate a single lateral which I suspect they will add at a later date. Oxford claims to have the ability to drill deep horizontals and claims to have done two in OH recently.

Oxford is drilling some shallow horizontals at this time (Depth would be similar to Berea, I believe that would be considered upper devonian).  Only time will tell if they intend to sell the deep rights or develop them on their own. 

Agree with you on Consol, Finnbear.  I don't think they had the money to expand into the Utica, however they have made several moves to allow them to free up cash for development.

The joint venture involves nearly 600 million dollars for Consol.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110907006166/en/Hess-CONSOL...

One attorney told me a problem with our property is that the Pittsburgh vein of coal is sold in that area - causing the oil companies to drill sideways to get to our gas??? That was my understanding of it anyway.  They may be slow to buy in our area because they have to find adjacent property without the coal sold that they can put the well on.  That's how I understood what he said, but I could be wrong.  One of my friends in the Cambridge area signed with Gulfport - she lives in Cumberland - not sure what county - Noble??/Guernsey?? and my other friend said she had an offer from Shell.  She is going through a broker in Guernsey county and her offer was $6,600.  My friend in Cumberland signed already for $5,200 and is expecting her check by December.  I have another acquaintance who told me he was offered $5,700 - living in Guernsey county - but I don't know a lot about it as I don't see him very often. Hope this helps.

I also heard that Hess and several of the other companies are trying to buy up all the land they can to resell it later to Exon??  Not sure if there is any truth behind it.

Hello theresa , do you know who offered the $6600 in Guernsey, I have a friend that hadn't got paid by chesapeke at last conversation also in Guernsey  I am iin a strange situation , I am in Warren township , and have the deep coal rights , Oxford oil is on one side of me , the consol well is about 1 Mile from me , gulfport leased one neighbor about 1/8 mile away , chesapeke leased one neighbor , 1/4 mile away, xto leased another neighbor about 1/8 mile away . And Murray energy is headed to Tacoma which is about a mile or so as the crow flies to get the deep coal . I am not sure who would be the best in the end to sign with , Iam faithfully waiting in the Smith Goshen group
I think her offer was from Shell, but I am not sure if she signed yet or not.  I will ask her when I see her next.
She lives on the edge of Cambridge on the way to Kimbolton.
Thankyou Theresa , my friend had his property near deerfield road in Geurnsey county and he had not received his money as of the last we spoke . I am trying to help him out , he doesn't do internet and is away from a lot of people on his farm . He has about 72 acres there . I am unsure of who will be the big dog in my area , I know Chesapeke was leasing all of Warren for a while but the guy was just a landman that spoke to me last and quite a smart a** fora guy trying to lease property . I would appreciate any info you can get me on the Geurnsey issue . A s for myself I guess I need to remain patient . ThankYOu   Mick
Hello again  I just got off the phone with my friend and he was able to get out of the previous chesapeke deal that was only going to give him $2700 per acre  he is currently with a group called swepi  that has offered him $5000 and 20% and he is awaiting his check again . I told him I would see if I can get the info on Shell for $6600 , whih I would be interested in myself . Keep us posted as I will do with what ever I hear Thankyou   Mick

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service