Recently this group has a bunch of new members but still has very little activity. How about ALL members sharing what they know is happening in Belmont County. Have you or any of your neighbors signed a lease? Have you or your neighbors been approached with any lease offers? Do you know of any landowner groups in Belmont County? What issues have you had to deal with in this process? Is anyone looking a pipeline right-of-way leases? What terms do you want in your lease when you do finally sign and why? The more information we share here with each other, the better prepared we will all be when we do sign leases and cash in on the mineral wealth under our lands in Belmont County.
Finnbear

PS - I am participating in the Smith-Goshen Landowners group, a landowner based, non-profit group. See http://hcolg.org/HowItWorks.html for an explanation of what a landowner non-profit is and how it works.

Views: 31687

Replies to This Discussion

A friend told me today that Shell will be in Cambridge, Ohio all this week signing leases with landowners.  The only thing you need is a copy of your deed and your ID and they are signing people for $5,000 bonus and 3% royalties on the spot.  I think this is just for Guernsey County but my husband said that Exxon is doing the same thing in Belmont County.  I don't know how to find out when / where??? I agree the royalty % sucks, but maybe with so much acreage, the group could negotiate higher? - Theresa

Hello Theresa , It was shell my friend was signing with through some outfit named SWEPI . I was told that  shells leasing arm . But it was for 20% .

I was sure glad he was able to get the higher amount signed for when chesapeake backed out on him .

Yes xto is exxon and they are at $4950 and 19% because the last group from the colrein area got that amount .

Now DPS PENN who leases strictly for Chesapeke is paying $5000 and 20% just a little more to try to sign the leases also . We wont see the price go up again until another group is able to get the price up a little more and then it will keep inching upwards a little at a time .

As long as you get a good lease addendum list and a fair royalty that is what counts . The next worry is to hope you are in an area where the oil liquids pool in under your property enough to get you put into a drilling unit . I hope it helps a lot of people . Best wishes   Mick

Have there been many email updates sent out?  I have only received 2 since joining the group.  I wasn't sure if I just haven't been receiving them or if there just weren't many sent.  - Theresa

Which group are you asking about?

the smith-goshen group

You should contact Larry Cain. Group updates have gone out weekly (and more) recently.

I have emailed him twice now but am still not receiving the updates.  Do you know if he is out of town?

My partners and I have a lease with Gulfport, in Belmont County. We were recently told that there where no plans to do any drilling in Belmont county due to the actions of Murray Coal. We have also heard that Murray Coal may have two permits to drill wells on their own property. Anyone else hear anything about this? Thanks!

Did Gulfport tell you that?
Do you think Gulfport is going to just walk away from the tens of millions of dollars they invested in leasing in Belmont county?

Gulf Port is for sale so I was told , not sure why .

When did you hear this?  That is contrary to the plans that I have heard. 

We heard this from our landman (broker). Believe me I am not happy about this at all. That was going to be my retirement. I am trying to get thru to Gulfport.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service