I spoke with Bob Rea and yes the offer is with Chesapeake Energy for $5800 per acre  and 20% gross wellhead. No transportation, or marketing cost of any kind. And YES they want all of Belmont County, even southeast belmont that everyone says no one wants and are signing now. I have the lease and it is the best one I have seen yet.

Views: 14785

Replies to This Discussion

Does anyone have a contact person and phone number for Hess?

John Gleason, Contract Landman for Hess Oil Resources
(740) 695-1209
mobile (248) 613-3240

I got a lease offer from Marquette/Hess a few months ago @ $5200/ac & 17 or 18% (can't remember now). Got their lease and looked it over: the usual crappy boilerplate lease and a so-so list of addendums.  Didn't sign (still waiting on Smith-Goshen) but several of my neighbors did sign with Marquette/Hess (& have gotten paid).

Thanks HB for the info!

CHK says they're done leasing after Q1 2012.

Who is saying that? A landman?  Based on how many times similar things have been said by Chesapeake and their landmen over the past two years, I wouldn't count on that being true.

The CEO said that. I think that their JV deal must have a drop dead date on it. That means that their partner (who hasn't been made public but some of us already know who they are) will buy in at the set price up until a certain day. After that CHK would have to foot the entire bill for any additional acreage.  This is how these JVs typically work.

You say you have THE lease can we get a copy of this lease or is there a problem with showing this lease. I just curiuos is this for only proprty inder Mr. Rea's group or is this being offered to others? Thank you for your time in answering

Do you have contact information for this Bob Rea? Thanks

They (ALOV and Bob Rea) had a website but it disappeared from the internet this past week. The deal mentioned above was NOT for all of Belmont county, it was a cherry-pick deal that was only available to people in very specific areas that CHK wanted.

What parts of Belmont County are we talking about..............

Pultney Township

Is this info still accurate? And, if so, do you have a chesapeake contact for such a lease?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service