Does any one know when leasing will start again in Cambridge ohio. I know Aep bought out shell I have contacted them and they are not doing anything .Any how I would also like to know why they have not drilled in Cambridge seems they did a circle around it any  thoughts thanks

Views: 2506

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2 1/2 yrs ago Antero picked up my option but not the lease.   When the 120 days were over they told me I was free to look elsewhere for a leaser however 2 yrs later we found out that Antero never cancelled the lease at the Court House,  their paperwork said I was leased.   My wife started calling Antero locally about why the Court records still showed they were on the lease but to no avail.   She finally called Company Headquarters in Colorado and the land was released within a week.   My question: Since they lied and never released my land in Richland Township and Court records continued to say for two years that it had been leased and this took me out of  the pool of leasable land am I not entitled to hold them liable for my missed opportunity from another buyer?   They possibly took thousands of dollars away from me since all my neighbors leased and recieved their money.

Every lease/option should make very clear when a lease ends and require that a lease be marked released in the recorders office within 30 days. When they did not renew did you check at recorders office? Unfortunately everyone is learning from others on here but sometimes too late. We inherited a property from my late uncle that had an old lease on it from the seventies. The lease had expired or ended but the company had not marked it released. We had to contact them and demand it. They were trying to pull a fast one but fortunately we had learned from several meetings and other landowners what to do. This was a 30 yr old lease and the well was still listed as active on odnr though I knew it was not. It had three plug and abandon permits on file at odnr which we learned about and learned how to use the data they have on there. We found no production for many years. Also the well had not actually been plugged so we sent a letter and demanded that the well be plugged, all pipe and mess cleaned up, land reclaimed, odnr status updated to plugged and abandoned, lease marked released. Just make sure if you lease again that in the lease you state they must mark it released within 30 days if they do not renew it. I am guessing a court case could cost more than its worth unless you can find others to go in with you. Any other neighbors in same boat. Your neighbors that released have a price per acre they received. Will they tell you. You could ask for that. I just read this again about option not lease. How did a lease get recorded in recorders office if you did not sign one? Get an attorney!

Thanks for the reply.  Yes I do know the amounts my neighbors received and most got 5500 dollars. 

James, if you read William Franklin McPeek
Post I think he is saying that he a lease and after 120 days they didn't pay and told him he was free to lease elsewhere but still recorded the lease and never released it at the court house when they didn't pay. So they had to jump through hoops to get it released from the court house.

Thanks for clarifying this for me, LOL.

with all the un leased area in Cambridge  sounds like we need to come together and try to put something together  for our selves.

There's way to much drilling in the eastern part of the county before they take the risk and lease in the Cambridge area and then worry about drilling it before it expires. At least that's what a few companies have told me 

When they want oil, they will show up.
I think they are just taking the path of least resistance rot now, gas and condensate
I am interested in putting together a unit (as a landowner group)
Near the 70/77 intersection.

Did you notice at the end I realized this and stated HOW WAS AN UNSIGNED LEASE RECORDED?   How is that possible?  Can you get the lease from the recorders office and see what it says.  Again I think this has potential for a lawsuit if you can find others in the same boat.  There was a big lawsuit in our area because the leases were not notarized at the actual signing but taken back to the landman's office and notarized by a notary there.  This is illegal. And the people won the case.  Recording a non existing lease can not be legal.  Is the "option" something that is recorded?  Does it have an end date? 

Also in a good lease it is written that it can not be recorded until payment is made!!!!  So two things that should be in every good lease (along with a hundred others I will not mention here) are A) You can not record this until I am paid. B) This lease has a specific ending and you will document that at recorders office as well.

There are some pros to a group lease though many on here poo poo them.  Our leases were held by the attorney representing us and when we got paid both Chesapeake and we received a signed copy (in our lease as well) and we also received a copy of the memorandum lease which is filed in recorders office and does not contain dollar amounts and also in our lease it states the actual lease not the memorandum lease is legally binding.  The memorandum lease with all it's missing stuff plus consideration for $1 bs is just that bs!

You bring up some good points.   We were paid the $10 dollar an acre sign on so we must have signed something.   However, if I understand what you're saying, "was the lease recorded fraudulently since they did not pay the 5500 an acre or was it fraudulent because we were told it was released but recieved nothing in writing stating it was released"?

This is confusing and I beleive they like it that way.

"...was it fraudulent because we were told it was released but recieved nothing in writing stating it was released"?

Why would it be fraudulent for them to release the lease but not notify you?  It's a public document.  If you don't have a copy of the release it's because you actively chose not to go get one.  Unless the lease spells out what is required of them upon the release of the lease I cannot imagine where a claim of fraud could be made.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service