Oil and gas producer Chesapeake Energy has signed a long-term frac sand supply agreement with Hi-Crush Partners for Northern White sand.

The agreement between the Oklahoma City oil and gas company and the Houston frac sand supplier will supply sand to Chesapeake's operations in Pennsylvania's Marcellus shale and the Powder River Basin in Wyoming.

https://www.chron.com/business/energy/amp/Chesapeake-signs-frac-san...

Views: 274

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a long time friend in Denver who sells fracture sand for a supplier there. He tells me that none of his company's clients use natural sand. They all use ceramic or other synthetic proppants, presumably due to increased crush resistance, When proppant becomes crushed from the adjacent rock closure stresses, fines are created that can plug the proppant permeability and impede production.

A long time player like Chesapeake should know this. I'm surprised that they would chose natural sand for a proppant.

Brian

maybe it's because they don't plan on being in biz that long. just get the oil&gas flowing now,make their$,then get out.

Mitchell's crew help unlock fracturing mysteries on horizontal, low perm wells. The initial vertical fracture jobs were pumped in the late 1940's using Arkansas River sand and various fluids in SW Kansas,

Brian

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service