Mark West has been calling me about a compressor station they want to build on my land.  They want 30 ac. and said they would only develope 10-13 ac.  Does anyone know what that is worth to me.  sounds like a pretty big facility...  do they make much noise ???      HELP....    Guernsey co.  millwood township..

Views: 7943

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Phil, I know you plce well. Can I stop buy this weekend and say hi!,,
I pass it all the time and love it..

You are welcome to stop by but I live in Cleveland hts.  My land in Millwood twp are the 82 acres behind  the houses that you see from the road.

Philip now i know why your name sounds familiar. I was going to contact years ago and ask you something about your land. I live in Quaker City. Can i send you a message

Phil, I did sell some minerals. I kept plenty .. I was in a bad spot and needed cash .. I still have hundreds of ac. Of minerals in my name.. I just did enough to pay off my farm and my house near Cleveland. All is good now. Debt free with hundreds of ac. With well coming in 2014 unless they lied to me.....happy happy.

Hey dont forget the pipelines going into the compressor station coming directly from the wells. Could be many coming from all directions depending on how many and where the wells are located. Not a big deal if you dont mind right of ways through your woods if you have any. I didnt think about that when they put the meter site on my property....2 pipelines coming from 2 different stations

If it decreases the property value of entire acreage by the offered amount then it's "just tit-for-tat".

If taxes take a large amount. what have you gained?

Can you just rent the 10 acres to them and charge a monthly rate and adjust it annually to some type of index for inflation?    Will the compression station devalue the property now and forever as long as it exists?  If there's a monthly rent adjusted for inflation there will always be something in it for future property owner who might find themself stuck with it.  Have you looked at compression station pics online.  

Give all the issues and considerations a hard thought.

BTW.....to me, my best deer hunting spot is priceless.   I bought my farm from an old farmer I knew who sought me out.  He had sentimental value to hoping the farm stayed a whole.  Relatives all moved away, and didn't want to buy it.  I paid appraised value minus 10%.  He could have put it on market, auctioned it, whatever.  Anyhow, I asked him why he inquired with me, and he said "because your a hunter and they don't part with their land.   He's right, I used to live next door.  I sold the house there but surveyed almost all the 30 acres and kept it.  Why????  The bucks on my wall speak for themselves.  Now the farm is bigger than it used to be.

Inchworm that's a wonderful story.  Thanks.

I've always believed there are money people and there are land people and they are not the same.  Even when money people buy land, that does not make them land people.  Land people have a special love for and connection to the land.  It's tough to describe.  But land people don't allow building of compressor stations on their land just to obtain money.  They sort of instinctively know not to do something like that.

Such instincts are what makes 'em land people!! 

I am looking to lease my 30 acres for hunting- surrounded by 1000 acres of state land, Monroe county ohio

Ask Mark West for a tour of an existing compressor station.  Then you would have a better idea of what you would have to live with.

Maybe companies knowing that their future ability to build more compressor stations will be dependent on them constructing them to the highest standards.  This is an immediate incentive for them to continue to address some of the concerns that have been raised in this discussion. 

Does anyone have a map or list of locations of newly constructed compressor stations so Held Hostage and others facing the same decision can go see the facilities?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service