Consol JV with Hess Oil puts the value of Ohio Wet zone acreage at $6,000 per net acre.

Consol announced a JV with Hess Oil this AM in their Ohio Utica Shale acreage that values the resource at $6,000 per acre. Hess will assume control of the of the liquids rich wet counties in the heart of the play and Consol will operate in the Northern counties in the oil window. There is a press release on the Consol website along with a slide invvestor presentation with an excellent map of the Play.

http://consolenergy.com/default.aspx

Randy

Views: 6193

Replies to This Discussion

A short article on Consol that sheds a little more light.

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/129568673.html

Randy

So does this mean I should expect Chesapeake to offer close to that for my 2 acres here in Stark?

Kevin, Has Chesapeake approached you and made an offer? Are you located in a rural area of Stark or in town? If you are in a rural area where leasing is occuring, you may be able to lease for the same approx. terms as your neighbors. Two acres as a stand alone property might not generate much interest, unless it is in a location where it will be included in a drilling unit. Smaller properties generally do better by joining a landowner group and leasing at the group rate, rather than going alone. Check the Stark Co, site for their current offers.

Randy

Randall,  Yes Chesapeake has made a low ball offer to me. I'm currently working to organize my allotment and the one next to us since Chesapeake wants both. If you know of anyone that can offer some guidance it would be much appreciated

Kevin, I took a look at the Stark County site and there isn't alot of activity there (info). The only two possibilities that I know of are the KWGD attorney group located in Canton. They had a Stark Co. group earlier this year in one of their first groups. Currently they have a large Group 5 out for bid with about 55 O&G companies. I think they may be taking names of interested landowners for a possible Group 6, depending on interest. You might contact  nvaughan@kwgd.com or mmcburney@kwgd.com ph330-497-0700, ext 173

Or you might try the ALOV/ SURE groups who share this website http://alov.us/

I'm not sure what they are doing at this time as far as new groups. Sorry I couldn"t be more help. Best....

Randy

Thanks Randall, I tried both those groups but at the time they weren't interested in small land owners. I'll contact them again and see where they stand.

The first article is Chesapeake CEO defending the industry - not much new there. The second article down is about the Hess acquisition of Ohio Utica leases, and places a dollar value of those mineral rights in the $6,000 to $8,800 per acre range. No, I'm not saying we can expect that........yet.

http://www.mineralweb.com/news/

Randy

Randall do you know a good group to join in belmont co . or any one else know thanks

If I were in Belmont I would sign on with the Smith-Goshen Landowners Group. I think they are well on their way to a good lease with adequate compensation. I talked to a few of their members tonight at Des 's SOLA meeting in Fairlawn. Finnbear could put you in touch with their leaders. Best....

Randy

thanks  Randy , is Des part of this group ?

Randy,

I went to this meeting as well.  What do you think of what Des has going?

Jeremy

Jeremy, I did go to the Des/SOLA meeting in Fairlawn last night. After seeing all of the posts about this group of multiple counties I was curious about how they functioned. First let me say that I am not currently a member of his group (although I did take a copy of his lease and commitment form for review). Also, I don't want to be overly critical based on one encounter. It did seem that alot of his presentation was based on his "feel" or best guess of what can be effectively negotiated with the O&G companies. I couldn't understand if he was on the verge of locking in a final deal with one company in the next week or two, or if he was negotiating with multiple companies and there was a longer time horizon. Also there was no formal bid packet process in place, which made it sound like  just an informal process. One last thought, ALL of these landowner groups go into negotiations with an ideal lease and what they come out with often is just a softer version of the O&G company lease because they if the company does not perceive it to legally benefit them, they just won't buy it. It's like the old Rolling Stones tune ;You Can't Always Get What You Want but if you try sometime You Get What You Need. Good Luck....

Randy                

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service