Open to any and all respectful discussions of our mutual interests,  in any state or county. feel free to go off-track here since there are no tracks.

Views: 12003

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i don't see anything in media to  substantiate the rumor. someone may have misunderstood their statements at a meeting last week. take Facebook posts with a grain of salt. supposed to have been stated by JKLM at a public meeting. would have been well covered by now, if true.

How does in obtain a map like this for Ohio counties?

Thanks.

How does in obtain a map like this for Ohio counties?

Thanks.

This map is provided online by the county of Tioga in PA

Pale face, there is a completion technique called "Extreme Limited Entry" perforating that is starting to be discussed in industry forums. (American Oil and Gas has a detailed description from Liberty Resources a few months ago. aogrdotcom is the online site).

In a nutshell, operators are maintaining an underground "pressure bubble" of 1,500/2,000 psi in a somewhat controlled fashion.

This is being accomplished with diverters - both near wellbore and far field - varying pump rates, hardened steel at the perf point, stage placement with homogeneous rock break down pressure, amongst other tools.

Pretty exciting stuff for operational wonks.

This ongoing development is enabling WAY more rock stimulation in a FAR more controlled fashion.

These new completion Technique's are positive for all party's involved.Its starting to look as though the completion stage you get back what you put into it,as far as production with proper maintenance.If it slows down the rapid depletion rate its worth the extra cost.

new tech. in completions is cool. regarding your comment about Shell and their approach to the Kinnan well. as near as i can tell no other e&p has vertically connected the dual Utica layers Indian Castle/Flat Creek. Eclipse did on the Painter 2H using Gopher software. the dual layers are 250' thick. prior to the 2H, "wineracking" was the plan. this would have required twice as many wells. P2H continues running 2700psi @ 8 mos. Dominion trans. press. @ tie is 1500psi. early on fracturing designs created large and a few primary fractures using lower water pressures and lower sand volumes. today the results would look more like a sledge hammer on plate glass. secondary fractures horizontally and vertically to the max. much higher water press. and sand loads. many more perfs per foot and angluar cluster designs. while there are some really interesting things going on in fracking tech., the biggest gains have been in just applying brute force downhole and being able to see the real time results with techno eyes.

OT,Shell brought a completion rig to Kannan from South Dakota it took 1 month to drive it here.Eighteen wheels had to lift some wires along the way and special route through West Virgina.It was used at the pad for about 2 weeks and sent back for the 1 month journey.Had high coil tubing on the top can't tell you anymore than that.Shell said Kinnan is there best well so far.

sounds like a coiled tubing rig of some kind? they may have had issues due to shutin during the accident investigation. Haliburton used 16 pressure pumps on the P2H. that's BRUTE FORCE downhole!

OT,if I was not drilled and had my gas under me I would be very happy over that with all the new tech systems.

no doubt. if all prior wells were drilled today, the results would be significant. however the early birds got first money. rental income until then is fine also.

an interesting indicator of regional activity is a contact i use in a truck tire supplier to the NG related industry. water ,sand etc. Susquehanna, Sullivan, Bradford,Tioga,Lycoming and Potter cos. his words,"very busy, we're burned out." this is a fleet supplier to the companys themselves that have their own tire changing facilitys.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service