Open to any and all respectful discussions of our mutual interests,  in any state or county. feel free to go off-track here since there are no tracks.

Views: 4509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the 1979 TMI accident stopped what clearly would be a nuclear dominated power/gen sector today. i was stationed in a facility within eyesight of TMI cooling towers during the accident. a friend inside TMI kept us informed of the "realtime story". we were told stay or terminate employment. our company then was in nuclear construction process which a couple of years later resulted in credit downgrades and stock price collapse. that single event thwarted what otherwise would have been a fuel shift. the transition to NG today, i have no doubt,would otherwise not be occurring in the same way it is. nuclear design and safety features today are far beyond older designs. it is the most power dense fuel source. special interests behind renewables are not invested in nuclear, hence the entrenched position. the uninformed masses which are necessary to push the agenda  still suffer "Jane Fonda China Syndrome". making them useful for their agenda. there have been historical energy inflection points, TMI and shale gas another, but physics and power density will ALWAYS rule the equation. Bill Gates gets it. i deal with my own bias due to the experience, but, i also get it.

as i follow the day to day energy world issues and list the greatest threats to our M-U shale interests,number one on the list are POLITICIANS! the "Green New Deal" highlights how placing people in a job of great power and influence over our daily lives, via a popularity contest, has such negative possibiltys for society. without the confines of meritocracy found in other occupations, it's like electing Lizzie Borden for brain surgeon.

Anyone else notice the ODNR website give you an error when you try to view the 5/11 permits issued report?

Yes, since Tuesday evening I have received error message on new permit report.

Question-------Does anyone know if you need to own your mineral rights to have a disposal well on you property?

Interesting question bo,

No expert here, but the owner of the subsurface rights (OGMs) has the final say on what happens below the surface. If you only own the surface, you have no say in what happens below that.

In our case as subsurface owners only, we did not negotiate for any surface development, i.e. pads, roads, ROWs, etc.....the surface owners had that responsibility.

My thoughts are this....if the surface and subsurface are owned by two different entities (by my logic?? explained above), then BOTH owners would need to be onboard with the siting of a disposal injection well.

It seems like something to be addressed in that all important document....The Lease.

I await answers from others here with real knowledge of the correct answer.

Bullfrex. you mentioned an interest in refracking comparisons. take a look at Swepi Pierson 810 pad, Gaines twp. permit #117-20926. wells 2H 4H 7H 8H. these have been inactive since 3/14/12. 2H 4H produced 180 days @ 2300mcf. 7H 8H no production. Tilden bought the lease from Shell recently. Tilden is related to Rockdale. they are actively fracking 7&8 now for sure. a site visit confirms the completions super. as Rockdale's. their consultant was a Weatherford employee but Weir is onsite so maybe he jumped due to the bankruptcy. bottom line whether they redo 2&4 or not, to compare a current gen. completion with 2012 off the same pad will be worth following. i did notice a substantial on pad compression facility. that sticks out like a sore thumb to me. low pressure,low production.

RSS

Local Groups

Blog Posts

Forgotten Men and Women of Canadian Energy Industry Protest

Posted by Thomas J Shepstone on January 4, 2019 at 10:37am 0 Comments

The forgotten men and women of the Canadian energy industry are mad as hell and not taking it anymore. They’re protesting in their trucks and it’s spreading.

Whenever I go to New York City, which is as seldom as…

Continue

Events

© 2019   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service