Let's keep this site posted with current lease offers in Hancock County and the surrounding area.  Chesapeake is drilling the Utica Shale in the surrounding counties... Columbiana County, Ohio, Beaver County, PA and Brooke County, WV.

I have heard of lease bonuses up to $3700 an acre in Harrison County, Ohio and $2700 an acre in Jefferson County, Ohio with a 17.5% royalty.

What's the current offer in Hancock County?

Views: 5180

Replies to This Discussion

I have an offer of $3000 per acre and 17.5% .
so are you planning on signing. or you going to wait

I'm in Brooke County and have an offer from CHK.  The landman from RedSky Land said I could choose between 3 tiers:  Tier 1 $3000/acre and 12.5%; Tier 2 $2500/acre and 15%; Tier 3 $2000/acre and 18%. 

He said, "CHK will not negotiate",  "This is a one time deal take it or leave it", "lease offers are going down" (and will continue to to go down), and he also added "if you don't take this 'free' money then they will go around you". 

In case you're wondering, I didn't sign.

had an offer from kenyon of 3000 and 17.5%  monday, countered with 19% and 4500 said they would "submit it" but in discussion mentioned they talked to a larger neighboring unleased property owner and mentioned $3500 for what its worth.
I received an offer of the same- $3000 and 17.5% last week. However, in talking to my neighbor they offered him $3400 and 17% and he has less land than I do. Has anyone been successful in negotiating? This is through Kenyon

Keep in mind we're in a bull's eye between Carroll, Harrison and Beaver Counties where all of the astounding numbers have come from in the 4 Utica wells drilled by CHK. 

PLEASE everyone make sure you insist on GROSS ROYALTY even if its 15%.... GROSS will be MUCH MUCH HIGHER for your families than NET or Post Production Costs.

GROSS ROYALTY is the VALUE of your GAS/OIL at the Wellhead and you can easily SUBSTANTIATE your PAYCHECKS.

Any pointers on how to insist on this? I was told to sign and get something, or don't sign and get nothing (and they take it anyway).  I've talked with several of my neighbors and they are also feeling cornered and don't know what to do.

Tracy

Where is your property?  How many acres?  I don't see them walking away from any acreage.  This area is going to ripe.  My nephew has property by me on Frankfort Road.  In May, they offered him $1,250 an acre.  He didn't reply amnd 30 days later, they called him back and offered $2000 an acre.  It only went up from there.  Skip 

Thank you for the info.  I'm glad to hear about your nephew's success, as well as so many others!  I have about 6 acres on Eldersville Road.

Tracy, we are in the hottest bed for oil and gas in the country...  You have great negotiating power, but you need to educate yourself by researching.

Good Luck!

I tried to negotiate and got a rather rude response saying no they will not change the contract to reflect gross royalty and that they don't really want my property anyway but if I ever buy land in Harrison County to let them know. ok... Said $3000 an acre is the most they are paying in Hancock county.
who is youre neighbor ,i had an offer of 3000 and17.5g. royal not sure what to do

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service