Let's keep this site posted with current lease offers in Hancock County and the surrounding area.  Chesapeake is drilling the Utica Shale in the surrounding counties... Columbiana County, Ohio, Beaver County, PA and Brooke County, WV.

I have heard of lease bonuses up to $3700 an acre in Harrison County, Ohio and $2700 an acre in Jefferson County, Ohio with a 17.5% royalty.

What's the current offer in Hancock County?

Views: 5180

Replies to This Discussion

As of a few weeks ago Kenyon is offering $3000 an acre.
Had to postpone my meeting with Kenyon until next week. jim, you mentioned a group using a lawyer to deal with chesapeak, I would like to discuss my joining the group if this is an option. We need to get he most bang for our buck

David - We also called Rokisky and he said there's a meeting tonight at the Hancock County Senior Center by Oak Glen High School this evening, 6:30pm.

What did you guys find out at the meeting??? I was out of town. :(

I'll have to stop by Rokisky's office this week!

There were a LOT of people at the meeting, Todd!   He did a presentation, and handed out a packet of information, as well as signup information for the group

are there any other meetings scheduled? Is everyone trying to negotiate as one group, or individuals?

Dave

call or stop by Rokisky's office in weirton the more the better bargaining power

some thing else to keep in mind that has been accepted elsewhere is to get a percentage of the profit if your lease is sold!

Good point Jim!
Just got offer of $3000 per acre with 17% post production, they claim they are after the utica wet, oil instead of gas. $2250 per acre no touch clause, same royalties. This was Kenyon. Haven't signed anything yet.
Whatever you do David... make sure you get wellhead price... no post production costs.

So now what's the going rate?  Any other companies interested other than CHK?  I know Buckeye Oil Producing Company is also interested.

Last I heard is that you can negotiate for $3500 per acre and 18% at the wellhead.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service